Where Will You Vacation In 2021?

I would LOVE to hit Punta Cana in April 2021, but I highly doubt that will happen.

I believe my SIL is looking at rebooking our trip to Atlantis Bahamas for August 14-21, 2021. If that doesn't happen, we will likely do a resort here in NS (i.e., Quarterdeck, White Point, Pictou Lodge); and then of course we will have our December 2021 WDW trip, which I am optimistic about.

I'd love to go to Punta Cana or Mexico but I am not optomistic about that, don't have anything booked and likely will end up with no trip in 2021.

Well, I have to admit I'm a little concerned about traveling to the Bahamas in the middle of August! Hurricanes! But we get to do the turtle release on the beach, so I love that LOL

Well I have a number of FCCs (Future Cruise Credits) on Holland America. One set of credits because a cruise we were on was cut short by a week due to mechanical problems, and the remaining credits because two cruises we booked were cancelled by the cruise line when they sold the cruise ships we were booked on. So, yes, I have all these FCCs, but no pressing need to use them. I understand the cruise lines are trying to press for reopening of American cruise ports, but I am over 65 and really not anxious to be part of a test group for the reopening. Going to wait a bit. Maybe late 2021, or sometime 2022.

We have WDW booked for March 2021 which we will almost certainly cancel.

Its our 10 year anniversary next summer and we have long talked about taking a trip somewhere just the two of us. I would like to use our DVC points and take the kids to Aulani July 2021. Dh is less convinced, lol.

The spare bedroom perhaps, lol? No plans for 2021 vacations. I'm feeling pretty blessed to be living back in Victoria amongst the rest of my family again (I was in Ottawa for 7 years). Thankfully it is very beautiful here on the Island and I guess I could do an outdoorsy type trip here at home. I love hikes and nature, so I'm good.
Tofino is always nice!

I have WDW rebooked for Aug 2021 hopefully It will happen. I’m probably going to have to cancel our Nov/Dec Universal trip. Border still closed, a couple of insurance co have a limited Covid coverage that is ok if you don’t need hospital stay. Too risky for me. Esp in light of the news of Florida throwing caution to the wind. And a 6 hr flight to get there. I’m like many here, getting Covid fatigue. So tired of living like this. But I’d like a ventilator a lot less!

We have two weeks booked early 2021- Disney and Disney Vero Beach.

Will be booking Disney early November.

2021 could be Italy (big) trip. We try to do a big trip every two/three years (non-Disney). This summer (2020) was supposed to be our Alaska Land/cruisetour. We all know how that went. We are not ready to book/cruise for a while - so Italy could be it. -

If Italy does not happen - we might consider Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach or the Keys for the summer.

We are also considering Toronto if and when the border opens - family visit.

Last edited:
2021 most likely my backyard as I don't see things changing significantly before then.

If the border does open up I may dip my toes into the north eastern states in September. Do a car trip and see some of New Brunswick then cross into Maine and go to our favourite spot there and then back home through New Hampshire and Vermont.

We have a B2B booked for mid October 2021 on Symphony of the Seas. It was a slide over from a cruise we had booked for this October. While we have it booked I will cancel if things don't clear up by then, I have no issue doing that. It's sort of a wait and see situation.

My dad and his gf vacationed in FLL for years. They did Orlando once with all the parks and then would only go to FLL. I asked him why he chose Fort Lauderdale for a month instead of inland where it's cheaper and they could stay for the whole winter. His answer was that it was their vacation and they wanted to be right by the water so they chose the same motel with a bachelor suite by choice. I hope I can do that when I retire.

My dad and his gf vacationed in FLL for years. They did Orlando once with all the parks and then would only go to FLL. I asked him why he chose Fort Lauderdale for a month instead of inland where it's cheaper and they could stay for the whole winter. His answer was that it was their vacation and they wanted to be right by the water so they chose the same motel with a bachelor suite by choice. I hope I can do that when I retire.
Yes! Need to be by the ocean! I’m only inland when I go to Orlando. There’s a lot to be said for being a short walk to the beach! Love the gulf coast too.

Going on a vacation in 2021 is not even a dream right now, we gave up on vacationing a long time ago. Until the USA gets their riots under control (which I don't think will happen, I actually think the US is on the verge of civil war), we won't be crossing the border for a very long time. And unfortunately, Disney kind of ruined all other vacations for us, lol. I'm hoping we can fall in love with somewhere else at some point, but it's hard to imagine.

No clue. Was supposed to be cruising Feb 2021. Assuming no hot weather vacations for the next few years. Might use some points for a few little staycations at local hotels this winter or save some airmiles for a big future trip. Have one winter resort booked with extended family this Feb, pending covid numbers at the time. Currently my province is only allowing groups of 10 indoors and outdoors.

Last edited:
No clue right now..this year was suppose to be Hawaii in the summer, so if by chance it's safe etc, we will re-book that, and/or Disneyland (once again, if it's safe etc)

Otherwise, it will be similar to how this year turned out- lots of time enjoying the outdoors of beautiful BC (camping trips with our horses, visits to my sister in Drumheller, maybe some of northern BC)

I'm content to continue to stay home in 2021 and accumulate my Airmiles for a big 30th Anniversary trip in 2022.....hoping to have 30,000 by that time.

DW wants to do a Mediterranean cruise.....we'll just wait and see what the state of the world is by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter