Where would you like to a retro Disney park to be located?

Where would you like to a retro Disney park to be located?

• Texas

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other country

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Hawaii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other state beside California or Florida

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • California

• Florida

• Alaska

• Total voters

old lady

DIS Veteran
Would it be cool to have one? But where? I would like another in the good old U.S.A.

I don't think there needs to be another one. Part of what Walt stood for was the idea that nothing was ever finished and that everything could always be improved through new technology, new ideas, new themes in the zeitgeist. Building a park now that is designed to look and feel like the park did in the 1960s is an anathema to that for a variety of reasons. First, why go to a new park in Texas or Colorado or wherever else that is exactly like what people could see - and in many cases have seen already - in California and/or Florida? Second, a number of the themes and motifs in the "nostalgic" parks are increasingly cringe-worthy for younger families as it is. They are a product of their times, yes, but times have changed considerably since then, and things like the "indian village" or the "pygmy tribes" can hit a wrong note now. I find myself cringing at those things, and if I had kids I would question whether I wanted them to see those them. Just recently there was the change to Pirates, getting rid of the bride auction and whatnot because people were starting to point out that it's not a great message and can pull you out of the fantasy world to ask "What the heck did I just see?!" The reason those things work at all in California or Florida is because the nostalgia factor; it's easier to overlook something you remember from childhood. In a brand new park, it would just feel out-of-touch with the times. A lot of people my age (30s) or my brother's age (20s) don't have nearly such a warm longing for "Main Street USA" and the turn of the century because to us those things are synonymous with, well... a world that excluded or ostracized anyone who wasn't straight, white, and conservative. Whether you agree with that viewpoint or not (and you're free not to, by all means), it's something to consider when talking about building a new park from scratch. If you can pick any theme in the world, any spark of imagination, anything from 100 years of animation or beyond...why decide that the most fascinating is early 20th century American small towns or the "good old days" of the Wild West?

Retro? If theres another one in USA, it should be modern like Shanghai Disneyland. The location should be close to a major city (like Anaheim and Lake Buena Vista) with lots of population and has an International Airport. NYC metro area would be great (Long Island?) So people can combine Disney and NYC but we already have an east coast Disney. Dallas or Houston in Texas is an option but the state is conservative leaning and Disney may be too liberal for them. Maybe Chicago is the best option for a third US resort

I voted for another one in the states besides California or Florida. It would be nice to have one in the Midwest, but it honestly would only be open seasonally because of the weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!