Where's the difference in Standard and Deluxe Portofino rooms

Familyof14

DIS Veteran
I know that the standard Garden and Bay rooms are 475 sq. ft and the Deluxe have 500 sq.ft (Garden and Bay club rooms have 490). The difference in the Standard and deluxe is 25 sq. ft (or approximately a 5x5 ft area or a 2x12.5 ft area, etc.).

Where is that space difference. Is it added in the bedroom or the bath?

With our family of five, we really need more space in the bedroom. I am pretty sure that the Deluxe baths have more room and are very open w/open shower. This may not work for us since we are all adults and need more privacy.

If we are going to spend the extra money on a larger room, we want the extra space to be in the bedroom, not necessarily the bath.

For anyone that has stayed in both types of rooms, what do you think?

The garden view and bay view rooms are 485 sq. feet. The Deluxe rooms are 525 sq. ft. We only stayed in the Deluxe, but we did spy into a few Bay View rooms who left their curtains open :eek: , and the bedroom area didn't look all that much smaller than our deluxe. I can't imagine that the extra 40 sq. ft. in the Deluxe is all in the bathroom though.

I'd be curious to hear from those that have stayed in both standard and deluxe as well.

AlexandNessa - Although I realize that the Universal site has your measurements, I got my square footage measurements DIRECTLY off of the Loew's web site and have seen the same measurements listed elsewhere.

AspiringCindy - Thank you because that is what I expected. Have you stayed in the Standard room? What was the bathroom like. Single or double sinks. I hope the bathtub/shower combo has a privacy curtain instead of a glass door.

Although I haven't stayed in that resort, I did watch Samantha Brown's Visit to PBH. She stayed in a deluxe room and they showed the bathroom! It was massive!!! I believe she talked about the room being big because of the bathroom! I'll do a search to find the programming for you!

Just completed the search! May 4th at 11:00am the show will air on the Travel Channel!

I have never heard of Samantha Brown. I don't have the Travel Channel, but my daughter does. I will try to remember to have her tape it for me.

Does anyone know if the PBH Deluxe rooms have sofas? We have a 2 queen beds deluxe booked and I was wondering specifically if those rooms have a sofa. Thanks!

I don't think so. I know that the king rooms have a chair and ottoman type lounge in the room, so my guess is that the queen room does also.

the 2 queen deluxe has just the creme and dark salmon print chair, I don't remember an ottoman at all. It may have had one, but I don't remember. Gosh I was only there two weeks ago!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter