• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which 2BR would you choose?

Jkpark

DIS Veteran
The trip is a ways out so I have time to decide. Looking to use just my points on a 2BR for a week. Grand Villa, 2br + studio and two 1BR aren't options. There will be 4 adults and 5 kids. We have two girls (9&7 at time of trip) and the other family is 9&7 yo boys a 4yo girl). I see some sleep 9 and some allow 9 but provide beds for 8. Some are dedicated and some are lock-off. Some have 2 bathrooms and some have 3. I should also add our trip will be late September so it will be warm (time in pool) and park hours aren't that late (so we may want to be at SSR for DTD or be at BCV or BWV). I'm not sure which factors I should put the most weight on.

For those of you who have done 9 in a 2BR, what are your thoughts?

For the ones that officially sleep 9:
OKW would have the most space and has a sleeper chair.
Jambo (non value) also has a sleeper chair, but has the weird bathroom that is not attached to the master bedroom.
BLT and Kidani have the sleeper chair and a 3rd bathroom.
VGF only has 2 bathrooms but may have a small Murphy bed.
Then, there is THV.

All other resorts are bring your own bed, bedding and towels for the 9th person.

Thanks for the info. In a dedicated 2br - is it 2 queens or 1 King in the other room? I would be less worried about bedding for the 9th if I knew I could put all 3 girls in a queen. My girls will be turning 9 and 7 earlier that month and the older one is petite - so that would work - except for the towels and pillow? Hadn't thought into those details.

Thanks for the info. In a dedicated 2br - is it 2 queens or 1 King in the other room? I would be less worried about bedding for the 9th if I knew I could put all 3 girls in a queen. My girls will be turning 9 and 7 earlier that month and the older one is petite - so that would work - except for the towels and pillow? Hadn't thought into those details.

All dedicated WDW DVC two bedroom villas have two queen beds in the second bedroom EXCEPT there are some dedicated 2 bedroom villas at the BCV that have one queen bed and one queen sleep sofa in the second bedroom.

With that many people in a 2 bedroom, my advice is to give serious weight to the villas that have 3 bathrooms and the sleep chair - those at BLT & AKV-Kidani.

FWIW: We are going in November...same situation, 4A, 5K...we are staying in a 2BR at OKW. Had I had the points (and it been available) I would have chosen BLT for the extra bath and walking distance to MK.
Hope you have a magical vacation, wherever you stay!

FWIW: We are going in November...same situation, 4A, 5K...we are staying in a 2BR at OKW. Had I had the points (and it been available) I would have chosen BLT for the extra bath and walking distance to MK.
Hope you have a magical vacation, wherever you stay!

The worst part about a 2BR is that a set of people are sleeping in the main living area and cannot go to be until that room is cleared out. you also have the issue of those people needing to enter wither the "studio" portion of the room or the Master BR to use the bathroom.

I would try to book the GV where you actually have 3 BRs. SSR treehouse may work as well?? It has been awhile since I have looked at those rooms, they may only sleep 8...

I just can't afford a week in a GV. I can do a separate 1BR and Studio which would at least mean you were only bothering your own family - but cheaper to go 2BR and arrange sleeping the same way, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter