Which airport??

wdwlover88

Can't seem to get enough!
We plan on visiting Disneyland in early August and are a little concerned on which is the better airport to fly into. We are coming from Norfolk Virginia and we're trying to decide on whether to fly into Los Angeles or Orange County. HELP!!!

It's often cheaper to fly into LAX. That's about the only reason I would choose LAX over Orange County. LAX is much busier, making for longer lines. Of course LAX is much larger, so you are likely to have to walk further to get to your gate. John Wayne is a comfortable size; not so small that I feel like I'm on the set of Wings, but not a madhouse either. It takes at 2-3 times as long to get to DL from LAX compared to Orange Co. Compare costs and schedues, including transportation costs -- rental, shuttle, or whatever you are planning. If there is not a significant difference, definitely choose Orange County.

It is a much nicer experience than LAX. When I last flew (years ago), it was only a $10 difference to do John Wayne instead of LAX. Much, much worth it.

I'm also planni ng my 1st DL trip. Currently, it is MUCH cheaper for me to fly into LAX, but I would rsther use SNA. Just how bad/hectic is LAX? All advice is appreciated...

Thanks again :)

Orange county....much better, not as hectic and you feel like you could breathe there. Plus since it's smaller everything is much more accessable. That makes a diffrence to me!!! :cheer2:

Though its not one that you listed, I have to put a vote in for Long Beach (gotta love Jet Blue).

Its smaller than SNA and just a little farther, about 30 min drive.

I vote for SNA. So easy to get into DL! I have been known to throw my suitcase in my truck and buzz on over for the afternoon!

SNA may be quieter and closer to DL but if it is a HUGE price difference don't be afraid to use LAX.
The only things we found a bit hectic was the lengthy waiting time to collect our luggage, and getting dropped off at the airport by super shuttle (busy area, felt rushed and nearly left something behind in van).
Fairly easy to navigate the terminal and was a breeze thru security gates. Lots of food/store choices while waiting for departure. Lots of seating and enough traffic to people watch/entertain your children before boarding.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The security lines at SNA are horrible! The line backs up way down the hallway, agonizingly slow and has a confusing line set up (with first class passengers squeezing past you because they could not find the right line).

We also found it was quicker to check your luggage as they hand check each piece of carry-on luggage (not personal item sized bags) and it was confusing to see where you had to wait to get your luggage hand checked (no signage.. we nearly left the area with our luggage in tow, we thought the agent was searching checked luggage not carry-ons and he flagged us down before we walked away)

---------------------------------------------------
We fly out of MSP - now that is a very confusing airport! ..walk this hall for an eternity, take tram A to point H, walk another long hall, take elevator to thrid level, walk this way, now take elevator to ground.. :faint: I kid you not, that is how lengthy it was on my last trip as I flew in a commuter plane to my small town.
They keep adding to the terminal , at least they have good signage and trams to cut the walking back! Security is a breeze there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter