Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Music

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Movies

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

MICHELLE SULLIVAN

Earning My Ears
Planning my trip to Disney for April 2019. I've already requested a quote from Dreams when they come available on 6/19. I know we want to stay in a value resort, but which one???
We are definitely a "commando-style", "room is only for sleeping" kind of family. We are a family of 3; my husband, myself and 8 year old daughter (trip is for her 9th birthday). She loves all things Disney, and sports and music...so there's no clear winner...

So which All Star resort do you think is best? I know Movies is going to be renovated before our trip, but what about Music or Sports? Any help or insight from those who has stayed at those resorts is appreciated!

I would go with Movies strictly for the Refurb.

The Refurb brings HUGE TVs,Coffeemakers,etc.:)

You can always walk over to Music and Sports and swim in their Pools,eat at their Food Courts and take in their atmosphere as well.:)

Depending on when you're going, you may want to avoid Sports and probably music. Cheerleading worlds is the last weekend in April, and they usually stay in the All-Star resorts (sports is the main one). If you aren't going over that time, I'd probably say Movies first just for the renovated rooms. I also think they typically have their own buses.

If you aren't going to be at the resort that much, I'd just go with whichever one is less. I've stayed in Sports for 2 nights a couple of times and will be staying in Music in Sept. for one night at the end of a split stay. I had no problems with Sports the times I've stayed there but when I stay in the value resorts it's just for split stays and it's basically for somewhere to sleep and maybe have breakfast. We use the buses and the food court for breakfast and that is just about all the resort we use. We have had no problems with Sports since it's just a place to sleep at night.

Movies would be my first choice with Music 2nd. I think Music tends to be the least busy of the 3. But Movies i love the decor.

The room refurbs at Movies should be done by the time you go. I'd stay there -- I also prefer its layout to Music's.

All 3 are great, but our fav is Movies close by Music (the Broadway section is so calm and beautiful!).
Plus if you try to get a refurb room at Movies it could be even better! :)
But whichever you choose you're fine, they all look alike and the Disney theming is really nice in all of them!

I have stayed at Music every year since 2009. I have been there for cheerleaders, football, dance and yes the Brazilians. We love Music for these reasons. #1 Sibil. She is the guest relations manager and now a member of my Disney Family. Sibil is so wonderful and can help you with anything you need. #2 the girls in the food court. We have been going for so many years we know alot of the regular staff who always greet us like long lost family when we walk in every year. #3 Music has less rooms than sports and movies, 1604 compared to 1920 so you figure it out. That means less people around the pools, in the food court and gift shop and, Oh yes, the bus. Speaking of the bus, yes we share with the other two All Stars but only during the down time of the day, usually mid afternoon. I have never had a dirty room, been awakened by unruly guests, had a bad anything while staying at Music. Best part, you are between the two other All Stars so you can go back and forth if you wish. I would have liked to say #4 Nila and Milagros of the gift shop but they are now at the Sports gift shop so my wife and I have to walk over every year to say hi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter