Which character breakfast to choose

Which would you choose for a character breakfast?

• Ohana

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Chef MIckey's

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Crystal Palace

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • 1900 Park Fare

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Cape May Cafe

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Tusker House

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Garden Grill

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Kricketnp

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I'm heading down to WDW in October and want to do a character breakfast. On my last few trips, I've done either Tusker House or Crystal Palace, both which I LOVE.

However, I want to branch out and try something different this trip.

I'm considering O'hana, Cape May, 1900 Park Fare, or Chef Mickey's.

What should I pick and why?!

My recommendation isn't on your list. Garden Grill in Epcot.

I wasn't thrilled with Ohana...definitely go if you've never been but it was a one and done for me.

My recommendation isn't on your list. Garden Grill in Epcot.

I wasn't thrilled with Ohana...definitely go if you've never been but it was a one and done for me.

I've never done O'hana breakfast, but I've done it for dinner.

Garden Grill is a good recommendation - I forgot about that one!

I was going to say the same thing as PP - Garden Grill. It’s always our favorite character interaction and the food is good, too. An added bonus is if you can get a PPO ADR, you can ride Soarin before the masses arrive.

I voted for 1900 Park Fare. It's one of the better character buffets (Tusker House is our other favorite) and you get to interact with characters you won't see at any of the other buffets - Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Alice - plus some of the Pooh characters.

Do you want an in park meal or a resort breakfast? It makes a difference. I woudl pick either Garden Grill or Akershus for breakfast if you wanted a park meal. I woudl choose the Farewell breakfast at al Forno if you wanted a resort meal.

Definitely Tusker House. There is a great variety of offerings and not just your standard breakfast fare. The character interaction is great, and we've always had incredible service from the waitstaff. Additionally, the theming and decor in the restaurant is spectacular. We do a PPO ADR at Tusker House every trip.

Garden Grill has become our go-to for character breakfasts. The food is always hot and delicious. The interaction with characters is fun and playful. Plus, they have that delicious juice you can get at TH!

Have done GG (I agree the PPO if you can get it is fabulous) and food good, the cinnamon roll is to die for and the character interactions are nice. It’s also nice to not have to go to a buffet.

1900 PF is fun because it’s in the Grand! Great buffet offerings (I got the recipe for the strawberry soup!), and the characters are probably the most fun. Alice kept sitting down beside my son and chattering away and it was hilarious. This one is my favorite breakfast- have done it twice in last 3 months lol!

Tusker house is kinda unique due to food- especially if you hit that “brunch” sweet spot in timing. Character interaction is fun too, but felt more geared towards kids, where the other two- especially 1900 PF- was fun for adults too.

I loved Cape May. The characters were really cute in their beach attire and the breakfast was good too

It sounds like you are looking for a resort, not park breakfast.

Of the ones you mention, the best breakfast as far as food quality and excitement is definitely Ohana, but your kids have to like Lilo and Stitch or it's not as much fun as the other breakfasts.

We often stay at the Beach Club and we LOVE the convenience of Cape May and usually do that breakfast on our last day because it's in our hotel and the characters cheer us up before we leave and make us feel like we're not losing a day but still getting to experience Disney right before we leave. The breakfast there is good, but no where near as good as Ohana.

Really as far as food is concerned, all but Ohana are the same so if you are looking for character interaction with the main characters, you can't go wrong with Chef Mickey's or Cape May. The characters at 1900 PK are a little more exciting and unique and they rotate, I think we had Pooh and/or Tigger and Alice.

What exactly are you looking for? Characters, good food, both?

I don’t know the makeup of your party, but Tratoria al Forno has Flynn Rider and Prince Eric along with their princesses. ‘Ohana doesn’t have bacon unless you ask. I would do al Forno, or 1900 Park Fare, or Garden Grill if you wanted a PPO meal and ride Soarin’.

I voted for Garden Grill, it's our favourite character meal following closely by 'Ohana. In both cases, they are served family style which I absolutely love. It makes for a much more relaxed meal. For traditional buffet, from that list my 1st choice would be Cape May. It always seems like a much more calm/less chaotic character meal and the food is really good.

I may be pretty much alone here but I like O'hana. It is the only place to see both Lilo and Stich. In fact it might be the only place to see Lilo.

I loved Cape May for breakfast the food is really good I still remember the cheesy potato casserole they have Yumm! and the character interaction is great. They come to your table more than once. I'm trying Garden Grill for dinner for the fist time. That would probably be my second choice.

I LOVE Garden Grill! It's one of the few Disney restaurants I will keep coming back to rather than try something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!