Which character meal is closest?

MagicalMomAZ

DIS Veteran
If we did breakfast it would be easy but since I would rather get there early, then we'd have to do a character lunch.

Which restaurant is closest the park or the DLH? I know some are IN the parks but are they out of the way or in the middle of everything?

Your options for character meals are:

In the parks: Minnies at the Plaza for breakfast.
Ariels in DCA for lunch or dinner

Hotels: Breakfast at Storytellers- Grand CA hotel
Brunch or dinner at Goofys- DL hotel
Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the PP hotel

So, if you want lunch you are looking Ariels for the closest. Personally, I recomend breakfast with Minnie at the Plaza. Book for about 10:15 or so. MOst days that gives you some time (even more time if its an early entry day) to go on rides and get the morning off to a good start. Then head over for a late breakfast. You wont loose the time it would take you to leave the park to go eat somewhere else.

As far as I know, the only character meal in the parks that offers lunch is Ariel's Grotto in DCA - it's over in the Paradise Pier area, so I don't know if you'd consider that "in the middle of everything" or not.

Disneyland offers a character breakfast at the Plaza Inn, which I'd classify as being "in the middle of everything". You could get to Disneyland when it opens and do a few rides before breakfast, then have breakfast, and then you'd still be in Disneyland for post-breakfast activities.

Ariel's Grotto features the Disney princesses, whereas the Plaza Inn features Minnie, Chip and Dale, and other more classic Disney characters.

I did the Plaza Inn breakfast a few days ago and highly recommend it. We saw Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit, Captain Hook, and the Fairy Godmother. The restaurant is on the smaller side and the characters made the rounds a couple of times. Although I like Goofy's Kitchen, it's very big and there have been times when we've barely seen any characters.

The food choices were not as extensive as Goofy's, but I liked what they had: made to order omelets, eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, biscuits and gravy, french toast, waffles, fruit, pastries, beverages including lattes and mochas (from a machine).

One thing I didn't know ahead of time is that the Plaza Inn breakfast offers a AAA discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter