Which cruise would you recommend?

TrishandVinny

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are looking at taking another Disney cruise for our 5 yr anniversary. We want to take the 7 day cruise this time, but we are unsure if we want to take the Eastern or Western cruise. We (hopefully) will have a kid by then as well. Any advise is appreciated!

It all depends on what you are looking for. We have done the 3 and 4 night cruises and chose to book the 7 night western for our next cruise. Why...because we have always wanted to do the Western. You get an extra day at sea on the eastern. We are planning on using the Key West western day as a day at sea. We have booked a Cat 3 and hope to do the champagne brunch on Key West day. Also, we have always wanted to go to Cozumel. People we have talked to have said that the ports are all pretty similar. Our staff on the cruise last week described the islands as all poor...and they rely heavily on the tourist income. I have always enjoyed the days at sea best. We were on a RCCL cruise last year and the wave swells were too high to get to their private island. I was originally disappointed...however spending the day at sea chasing the sun...LOL (we literally drove around looking for sun)...was the best day of our cruise!!!

Originally posted by AmyM
We are planning on using the Key West western day as a day at sea. We have booked a Cat 3 and hope to do the champagne brunch on Key West day.

Isn't the Champagne Brunch only offered on the 'official' days at sea? I think it's the same for High Tea as well.

We thoroughly enjoyed our Eastern cruise last January, and the days at sea were a big factor, I think. It just seemed more relaxed when we didn't have to be concerned with shore excursions in Port.

On the other hand, my DW likes the Mayan Ruins near Cozumel so she prefers that we go on the Western next time.

hope that helps

both routes have their plusses. If you are looking for more sea days, then go for the eastern as it has one more sea day then the western. I would say eastern has the better shopping deals, and western has the better water sports, but both are fantastic!

we liked the Western more....particularly Coz and Key West, both had excellent shopping!

As for Eastern, you get one more day at sea, which some people really like....

Originally posted by AmyM

We are planning on using the Key West western day as a day at sea. We have booked a Cat 3 and hope to do the champagne brunch on Key West day.
Originally posted by albiats

Isn't the Champagne Brunch only offered on the 'official' days at sea? I think it's the same for High Tea as well.

The brunch is offered from 10:30 to 12:30 on Key West day. The High Tea is not offered that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter