Which do you recommend... shipping groceries UPS or buying online with Netgrocer?

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
Just wondering what the best route to getting some extra groceries to our room would be... Buying them up here and shipping them down UPS to our resort (POR) or buying online using Netgrocer (or the like) and having them ship it to us down there...

Anybody have good/bad experiences either way?

Thanks for any and all advice...

Karen

POR 2/8 - 2/16th

There is a Publix about 5-10 minutes off property in case you'd decide to make a late night run yourself which should be cheaper than either UPS or Netgrocer.

We flew in from Atlanta and rode the shuttle over to WDW so driving to the store was not an option.

We went to our Super Wal-Mart and loaded up on Little Debbie Snack Cakes, PopTarts, Otis Spukmeyer Muffins, Pringles, Juice Boxes, Paper Plates, Napkins, Raisins, etc. etc. and I shipped it from work on Monday UPS ground. It arrived the same day that we did on Wednesday at ASMo and was waiting on us when we got back to our room from MK. Total cost to ship? $ 4.10!!! :D

I assume you're flying - if so, how are you getting from MCO to WDW? We used Tiffany Towncar and they offer a free grocery stop. It was well worth it! They took us to Publix. I had two lists ready - one for me and one for DH. We were in and out of there within 20 minutes and had breakfasts, drinks, and snacks for our entire stay.

I've never shipped groceries, so I'm not much help there.
Beth

I've used Netgrocer a few times, with wonderful results. Items are well-packed and shipped well within the time to reach our resort.

Check with the resort first - I heard dire things about some Disney resorts charging a receiving fee for packages - about $35!!! :eek:

Originally posted by CookieGVB
Check with the resort first - I heard dire things about some Disney resorts charging a receiving fee for packages - about $35!!! :eek:

ASMo did not charge us a cent for the package!!! I called ahead of time and asked them if I could ship a package to the hotel and they said no problem. I also shipped the box back to work full of souvenirs via UPS (our account number written on the outside of the box) and Disney did not charge me a dime for it. It was just picked up with their regular UPS items.

I had thought about Netgrocer, but knew that they could not compete with Wal-Mart's prices! :D

You may want to check with Cool Savings. Netgrocer is offering free shipping on any order from $24.99 to $149.99 !!! All you have to do is sign up with cool savings if you are not already a member.

This beats UPS shipping charges and a lot of time buying items in a store!!!!

Hope this helps :D

Yes.. Thank you very much!!!

But... wouldn't the savings I would get from collecting things now, like Buy One Get One cereals, granola bars, etc... outweigh the shipping charges IF we didn't ship anything too heavy like Juice, Diapers, Wipes, etc?

I checked out Netgrocer and I know my Walmart is cheaper, even Wegmans (my local grocery chain) is cheaper, especially with BOGO.

Anyone know approximately how much UPS is from NY to FL? Say nothing over 8-10 lbs?

Karen

Disnee Dad Says..........................................................We pack a small suitcase with food, there are only three of us so we only use slightly more than half and fill the rest with clothes. Until this year when they changed the rules, we have managed to pack the suitcase with food, and still NOT check any bags. It's so convenient, to refill the suitcase on the trip back with souvenirs!!! Make sure it is small enough to carry on, on the way back, you won't want to check your valuable/fragile items. Save money up front, and shipping too!

We are staying in OKW, so I will want food for some meals. To ship a 10 pound package from NJ to WDW is about $12 either UPS or USPS (according to their rate calculators). So, I'll probably try to pack some things, netgrocer some, and pick up the rest at the store (I think! LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter