Which DVC's have 2 bedroom rooms situated next door from studio rooms?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
My parents are inviting my whole family to WDW next year: 9 people in total:
My mom & Dad
My family (2 kids, me, DH)
My brother's family (1 kid, him, DW)

They are wanting to book a 2 BR for my and my brother's family to share & a studio just for them.

Which DVC resorts have 2 bedroom suites situated adjoining or next to a studio room? They are wanting to try to get us all next to each other.

Thanks!

None of the resorts, except Poly, has connecting. Poly has connecting studios which can be requested. But other resorts you can request close together and they can put a 'travel with' on the 2 rooms. But you likely won't get rooms next to each other and can even be pretty far apart. We once had 2 rooms about 9 rooms plus the elevator bay down hall from each other at BWV with SIL's 3rd room even farther down hall and around corner. Then we had 2 rooms on different floors of same building at OKW. We also had just 2 rooms apart on same floor at SSR. And AKV Kidani we had 4 rooms with all my inlaws and they were all near each other but some rooms were between some of us. I think 2 of our rooms were next to each other then there was a gap and a room and another gap and a room.

Last edited:
Every resort except Poly has adjacent 2 bedroom lock offs. Some have dedicated 2 bedrooms next to dedicated studios, or dedicated studios next to 2 bedroom lock offs. A 2 bedroom lock off can be split into a 1 bedroom and 1 studio. Note that the configuration you're suggesting will not have the separate studio connected to the 2 bedroom unit. If you want that, you'll need to book a grand villa.

You'll want to examine the resort room maps to see what you've got to request for the greatest chance of being together.

At OKW most of the studios are at the ends of the buildings and two bedrooms are either lockoffs (with the studio as part of that lockoff) or dedicated in the middle of the building. You might even be in different buildings. Just plan on the same hallway at other locations and if you get right next door or across the hallway, it's all gravy.

Set realistic expectations. Disney sometimes thinks that the request "near each other" means two floors apart right on top of each other. Or two buildings apart. Requests are requests, and getting requests is dependent on where rooms are available on your check in day. If you check in on a day when there aren't any rooms being freed up near each other, you won't get two rooms near each other. Since DVC operates at very high occupancy, it may be difficult to make the request happen - and often DVC doesn't even try to make requests happen.

Ok so we almost always travel with friends and family and put the travel with notation on our reservations. This does not mean you will get a room next to each other. What it means is that for a resort with a bunch of buildings (think OKW, SSR, Poly) their goal is same building. For resorts in one central building (think AKV, BRV, BLT) their goal is same floor. All of this dependent of course on you booking the same room category that allows this. We have been lucky enough to have an adjoining room (one time) and other times our rooms at AKV were at complete ends of the looooong hallway but on the same floor. Shouldn't be much of an issue but as Crisi said, just make sure you set realistic expectations about what is possible.

Ok so we almost always travel with friends and family and put the travel with notation on our reservations. This does not mean you will get a room next to each other. What it means is that for a resort with a bunch of buildings (think OKW, SSR, Poly) their goal is same building. For resorts in one central building (think AKV, BRV, BLT) their goal is same floor. All of this dependent of course on you booking the same room category that allows this. We have been lucky enough to have an adjoining room (one time) and other times our rooms at AKV were at complete ends of the looooong hallway but on the same floor. Shouldn't be much of an issue but as Crisi said, just make sure you set realistic expectations about what is possible.
Agree on this. BLT and VGF and RIV come to mind. VGF is the smallest building with a single bank of elevators, so being on the same floor would be great, but even if you are not, it's not too bad. But, VGF is very pointy.

BCV, BWV, AKV you may be technically in 1 building, but the buildings are pretty spread out with long hallways, so that may be harder to manage. (I don't know about BRV or CCV's layout)

BLT and RIV are more intermediate in size and chances of being close to each other. If you got BLT LV even if you weren't right next door, you might be able to get rooms across or down the hall from each other. With RIV, even if you were in 2 different room categories, you might be able to be across the hall from each other, and by requesting either east/west wing, could be pretty sure you could be in the same elevator bank. Also, if you were willing to wait for your room(s) rather than being "first available" that might help.

When we stayed at BWV, our friends and us ended up in two 1br. We knew there were no connecting 1br, but they basically put us 2 doors down from each other (one studio in between). We got lucky - if you're in the largest room category there (pool/garden) you might have some luck.

Another thing to be aware of, if you are renting points. A two bedroom and a studio might be two different owners. In that case, both owners need to be willing to call and make the request - Disney will not take a request to be near someone else unless it appears on both reservations - for obvious personal safety reasons. As an owner, I wouldn't be comfortable making that request for one room because I would be in the same situation as Disney of having half the information - and you could be stalking someone. So you'll want to try and find an owner who can rent you enough points for both rooms.

We routinely travel with extended family in a 2 bedroom and a studio. Never been close to each other, let alone next door. One time at BLT, we were on separate floors.

We often travel with a big group, often 2 or 3 rooms. At OKW we’ve been lucky and have always been in the same building but not next to each other and often different floors.

We routinely travel with extended family in a 2 bedroom and a studio. Never been close to each other, let alone next door. One time at BLT, we were on separate floors.
Did you make the travel with request on both reservations before arriving? ETA or did you have two separate room categories? I know standard view would be on a different floor than say a lake view at BLT>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!