Which encounter at SeaWorld?

Dislover1991

DIS Veteran
I am taking my son to SeaWorld this June. He loves animals- all animals! So when I saw SeaWorld has so many animal encounters, I knew that would be a perfect addition to the trip! He will be just over 3 years old when we go. We definitely want to do a dolphin encounter! Which dolphin encounter includes a feeding (if any) & plenty of interaction?

My other question is what other encounter is best? Are there age limits to any of them? We go to Ripleys Aquariums quite a bit and they have penguin encounters and shark encounters so even though I think my son would love those, we do have the opportunity to do those somewhere closer to home.

thanks!

It depends on how much you would like to spend. We have done many of the tours there. I prefer one of the VIP tours. This would let you personalize your tour, give you a tour guide, and allow you to bypass many lines and gives you searing for shows. Depending on which tour you choose, you could do the dolphin interaction with feeding, feed the sting rays, feed the sea lions, and give you more interactions. Plus, this is one of the only ways to see behind the scenes where they care for the sea turtles. The tour was really worth it.

Both the tour and encounter for dolphins include feeding. The current main differences is that the encounter is a 5 min training session at dolphin cove. The tour is a 15-20 min training session at dolphin nursery. Both ensure feeding, a photo and an opportunity to touch a dolphin.

Any other tours, I'd recommend the walrus tour. There are only 14 (I think) walrus in human care in the USA. And the opportunity to meet four of them at once in an up close chance, is a really unique thing to do, not ready possible any any other zoo! And walrus' are my personal favorite so I might be biased. They're wonderful.

Both the tour and encounter for dolphins include feeding. The current main differences is that the encounter is a 5 min training session at dolphin cove. The tour is a 15-20 min training session at dolphin nursery. Both ensure feeding, a photo and an opportunity to touch a dolphin.

Any other tours, I'd recommend the walrus tour. There are only 14 (I think) walrus in human care in the USA. And the opportunity to meet four of them at once in an up close chance, is a really unique thing to do, not ready possible any any other zoo! And walrus' are my personal favorite so I might be biased. They're wonderful.
Is there a minimum age limit for the walrus tour? I thought I’d read in a review that you had to be 6 for that tour (maybe it was at one of the other SeaWorlds?) but I do think that would be great! My son will be 3 when we go & he loves walruses and sea lions! Thanks for all your info!

I’m going to start by saying I know the worst case scenario, and we are prepared to give the dog back to the breeder.

Our 10 month old male GSD has recently started exhibiting signs of aggression when certain strangers try to pet him. We have young kids. This is not acceptable.

We are getting him fixed tomorrow, and a couple friends, including a vet have said that will help. Has anyone seen positive behavior changes in their dogs after being neutered?
Is there a minimum age limit for the walrus tour? I thought I’d read in a review that you had to be 6 for that tour (maybe it was at one of the other SeaWorlds?) but I do think that would be great! My son will be 3 when we go & he loves walruses and sea lions! Thanks for all your info!
The only thing on Seaworlds website says that all guests under 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult. So I'd assume that he could participate. I know that's the rule for the dolphins both tour and encounter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts