Which Hotel offers the best "Free Breakfast"

Has anyone had breakfast at Buena Vista Suites? I see its also cooked to order. I have a great rate thru ticketsatwork.com and was wondering do I stick with Embassy Suites or Buena Vista Suites?? Also, I have a good rate for the Embassy Suites on I-drive ...is the Embassy suites in Lake Buena Vista better than the one on I-drive? Any advice, suggestions and comments are welcome. Thanks.

Has anyone had breakfast at Buena Vista Suites? I see its also cooked to order. I have a great rate thru ticketsatwork.com and was wondering do I stick with Embassy Suites or Buena Vista Suites?? Also, I have a good rate for the Embassy Suites on I-drive ...is the Embassy suites in Lake Buena Vista better than the one on I-drive? Any advice, suggestions and comments are welcome. Thanks.

RE: Buena Vista Suites .... we were kinda disappointed. The dining area is way too small for the size of hotel and seating was hard to get. The cooked to order line was so long and we even had to wait in line for toast.

Which ES by Disney? Lake Buena Vista OR Lake Buena Vista SOUTH?

RE: Buena Vista Suites .... we were kinda disappointed. The dining area is way too small for the size of hotel and seating was hard to get. The cooked to order line was so long and we even had to wait in line for toast.

Which ES by Disney? Lake Buena Vista OR Lake Buena Vista SOUTH?

Wow @HopperFan , thanks for the info. We are traveling the 1st week in Aug which is still "peak season" so I'm glad you have warned me about the lines in Buena Vista Suites. I am also glad I haven't booked yet. Embassy suites rates is not in the "overnight" budget. No matter how much I try to justify it with the free breakfast, my DH still prefers we keep our reservation @ Red Lion and just go to breakfast in the morning. :rolleyes2 I really wanted to try the Embassy Suites....we shall see. :laughing:

Wow @HopperFan , thanks for the info. We are traveling the 1st week in Aug which is still "peak season" so I'm glad you have warned me about the lines in Buena Vista Suites. I am also glad I haven't booked yet. Embassy suites rates is not in the "overnight" budget. No matter how much I try to justify it with the free breakfast, my DH still prefers we keep our reservation @ Red Lion and just go to breakfast in the morning. :rolleyes2 I really wanted to try the Embassy Suites....we shall see. :laughing:

I do agree that if the gap is too large ... you can't justify it with breakfast. I have booked other hotels and done exactly what your DH says. If you are paying too much then your breakfast isn't free anymore.

BUT keep checking Embassy, their prices tend to jump all over the place. I'm one who basically books what I can cancel and then keep checking rates over and over at places, even where I am staying. If I get a better deal somewhere or my hotel drops rates, I jump ship or rebook at my hotel.

September trip so far ...
- Homewood Suites - cancelled
- Hilton Garden Inn - have
- POP Century - have
- Looking at switching to Sheraton Vistana Resort (can't cancel)
So am checking several for now before I commit to SVR

Last edited:

I do agree that if the gap is too large ... you can't justify it with breakfast. I have booked other hotels and done exactly what your DH says. If you are paying too much then your breakfast isn't free anymore.

BUT keep checking Embassy, their prices tend to jump all over the place. I'm one who basically books what I can cancel and then keep checking rates over and over at places, even where I am staying. If I get a better deal somewhere or my hotel drops rates, I jump ship or rebook at my hotel.

September trip so far ...
- Homewood Suites - cancelled
- Hilton Garden Inn - have
- POP Century - have
- Looking at switching to Sheraton Vistana Resort (can't cancel)
So am checking several for now before I commit to SVR

Yes...I have a couple of places booked and I also cancel and rebook too if the price drops. ;) I make sure there is a cancellation window and if there's an option of no prepayment necessary, then thats even better.:laughing: I know you and DH are thinking logically that it doesn't make sense if the price gap is too large to let a "free breakfast" be a deciding factor. I currently have Red Lion with taxes and fees @ $88. I also have Drury Inn for $117 all-in and I hear they have a decent breakfast too. But if I can get Embassy or Buena Vista for $130 all-in, then I can still justify it. There are 4 of us(2 adults/2kids). It would cost us at least $10+/pp if we eat anywhere else by the time you include tax and tip. So for a fair comparison, the hotel has to have a GOOD breakfast...not just donuts, coffee and juice. I also factor in the convenience of not having to leave the hotel to travel to eat. It always makes sense in my head but the breakfast better be worth it or DH will never let me hear the end of it!!! :rotfl:

We stayed at the Spring Hill suites at Marriott Village which is a good neighbor hotel and it had a good breakfast complete with a Mickey waffle station

Embassy Suites. Google image it :thumbsup2

We prefer ES LBV SOUTH but have stayed at LBV, Intl, Downtown and all were fine.

We have stayed at many hotels with breakfasts but without paying for it ....... this one is hard to beat. Others will be just fine but not cooked to order or expansive.

Cooked to order eggs or Omelets all fresh ingredients. Pancakes/Waffles/French Toast/Banana Bread Pudding. Scrambled eggs/Bacon/Sausage. Breakfast potatoes. Yogurt with every imaginable topping. Oatmeal with lots of toppings. Wide range of cereal. Cut fruit to create your own salad. Whole fruit. Bread/Bagels/Biscuits/Muffins/Pastries/Donuts. About 4 flavors of juice. Multiple coffees and Teas. Milks and Sodas.
Totally agree. Embassy Suites has an amazing free breakfast.

I'm an ES breakfast fan as well, also love me some HI Exp cinnamon rolls (yes, even after all these years, I never tire of them), also a fan of Hyatt Place breakfasts. Near Disney, I liked the hot breakfast buffet at Staybridge Suites on Suiteside Dr. Has 2 sides with trays, you can load up & move on, very efficiently moved lots of people thru.

ETA: they also have a full kitchen if you can squeeze one other meal in (maybe arrival night dinner) to help offset costs. But, they also serve dinner (included with rate) 3 nights/week, I believe Mon thru Wed.

Last edited:
We love Buena Vista Suites! Mousesavers.com has decounted rates always and the breakfast is awesome!

I'm an ES breakfast fan as well, also love me some HI Exp cinnamon rolls (yes, even after all these years, I never tire of them), also a fan of Hyatt Place breakfasts. Near Disney, I liked the hot breakfast buffet at Staybridge Suites on Suiteside Dr. Has 2 sides with trays, you can load up & move on, very efficiently moved lots of people thru.

ETA: they also have a full kitchen if you can squeeze one other meal in (maybe arrival night dinner) to help offset costs. But, they also serve dinner (included with rate) 3 nights/week, I believe Mon thru Wed.

Completely agree with this one. Even took 2 college boys, one big eater, and it was a hit. Nice variety, waffle makers, fruit ... plenty of seating.

First stay at the new Hyatt Place we were out late so missed breakfast in mornings but pictures look great. The breakfast bowls look so good. Going back next month (if I don't move closer to WDW) and hoping to eat each day.

cq5dam.thumbnail.744.415.png

https://orlandolakebuenavista.place...ree-Gallery-Kitchen-Breakfast-Menu-033117.pdf

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. Right now ES and Buena Vista are way above budget. However, I am not giving up hope. I truly prefer Embassy Suites based on your reviews here and what I see of Tripadvisor. Also Buena Vista is coming in as a close second possibility. I check rates daily and often. I'm just not ready to commit to a "non-refundable" rate yet. The other day I almost took BuenaVista for $127 and that included taxes and fees but it was non-refundable. I kept thinking if I take it, it will be my luck that ES becomes available for almost the same price. So I didn't do it. I guess I want to see and hear more positives about BV and maybe keep ES on my list for next year. What do you think? Should I go back and grab that BV for $127 and don't look back? Geez....decisions...decisions!!! :scratchin :laughing:

OMG.....I just got a non-refundable offer for Buena Vista suites for $96.76 total!!!! :eek: Do I give up Drury($117) and book BV and dont look back? What would should I do?? :laughing: :scratchin

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. Right now ES and Buena Vista are way above budget. However, I am not giving up hope. I truly prefer Embassy Suites based on your reviews here and what I see of Tripadvisor. Also Buena Vista is coming in as a close second possibility. I check rates daily and often. I'm just not ready to commit to a "non-refundable" rate yet. The other day I almost took BuenaVista for $127 and that included taxes and fees but it was non-refundable. I kept thinking if I take it, it will be my luck that ES becomes available for almost the same price. So I didn't do it. I guess I want to see and hear more positives about BV and maybe keep ES on my list for next year. What do you think? Should I go back and grab that BV for $127 and don't look back? Geez....decisions...decisions!!! :scratchin :laughing:

Is that BV through Mousesaver's? They usually have some of the best rates.

Is that BV through Mousesaver's? They usually have some of the best rates.

Its thru this new site called "snap travel". Its thru facebook messenger or thru your phone SMS. They send out deals and there is a BV for $86 and with tax the total is $97. There is a resort fee of $12 added at the hotel. It is still less than Drury but non-refundable.....I just checked again and the offer still stands. BUT....I also have an offer for Embassy Suites in LBV for $110 (Not the one on Kyngs Heath Road) but is also non-refundable but a good price for ES. I wish DH would just make a decision instead of leaving it to me. I think either one would be good but I don't want the blame if we don't like the choice I made. I started this thread to let the best breakfast be the deciding factor. DH wants the price and then breakfast. Geez :sad2: :sad2:

Well patience and persistence paid off !!! The hotel gods finally smiled upon me :worship: I waited and kept refreshing on snap travel and landed Buena Vista Suites for $88....and......the new rate is "FULLY REFUNDABLE" until July 24th. :cheer2: DH will be happy that I finally booked it. :laughing: DD12 looked at pictures and said she prefers the pool at Buena Vista instead of Embassy so I was happy about that :rolleyes2. Now lets just hope the breakfast will be worth the price difference since that was supposed to be the deciding factor in the first place. :rolleyes1

Thanks everyone for your advice and input. I don't travel until August 3rd and we are only staying for one night. It took me so long to decide, you would think I was going to spend my entire 2 week vacation there. :rotfl:

Personally, I love Embassy Suites. It offers a daily complimentary full warm breakfast. Omelet stations, fresh made pancakes, seasoned potatoes....bacon!! It has everything. Springhill Suites is the Marriott equivalent but I've never stayed there so can't speak for it.

I have until July 24th to cancel Buena Vista suites. I am still checking everyday for rate drop for Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista South. My son stayed there and said he loved it. Embassy seems to get far better reviews for breakfast from more people than Buena Vista suites. Anyone have any feedback on the ES on International Drive ?? There are 2 of them. One on International and one on Jamiacan court. Any advice or experience on either one of those?

Well I still can't get Embassy Suites to fall into our price range. Looks like its going to be Buena Vista Suites for our one night stay. I just hope the breakfast is worth it. I will hope for a Embassy Suites last minute deal/price drop but I don't see that happening. I still have until the 23rd to cancel Buena Vista if something comes along. If not, we will just have to make the best of it. :rolleyes2 Now I am wondering if I should have booked a less expensive place for one night and went out to breakfast in the morning.:confused3 Wait....wasn't that why I booked a hotel with breakfast included in the first place??? :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Well patience and persistence paid off !!! The hotel gods finally smiled upon me :worship: I waited and kept refreshing on snap travel and landed Buena Vista Suites for $88....and......the new rate is "FULLY REFUNDABLE" until July 24th. :cheer2: DH will be happy that I finally booked it. :laughing: DD12 looked at pictures and said she prefers the pool at Buena Vista instead of Embassy so I was happy about that :rolleyes2. Now lets just hope the breakfast will be worth the price difference since that was supposed to be the deciding factor in the first place. :rolleyes1

Thanks everyone for your advice and input. I don't travel until August 3rd and we are only staying for one night. It took me so long to decide, you would think I was going to spend my entire 2 week vacation there. :rotfl:

Now you simply MUST take lots of photos of their breakfast offerings & report back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!