Which park for July 4th?

shelanaoaktree

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, I would like some advice. We will be in WDW 7/1 - 7/11. 2 adults, dd (6), ds (9), dd (11) and dd (16). Which park should we go to for the Fireworks?

We are staying at FW, if we need to leave the park for some reason, can we get back in on the 4th? Or should we stay in 1 park all day and night?

I am so excited and can't wait to see the fireworks, Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Also dd (6) and ds (9), it's their 1st trip to WDW!

We were there last year for the 4th of July first time ever and wondered the same thing. We decided to jump in and join the crowds at MK that evening. They closed the park at 2 but since we were on property, we had no problem getting in around 4:30. We already had a PS for our dinner at Crystal Palace so that worked out beautifully. Yes, it was crowded but we just took in the atmosphere. We went on Carosel of Progress, the TTA, and saw the Presidents. This felt very patriotic doing it on the 4th. Then about 8 pm, we realized that they had totally closed off the hub. You could not go through it and we got all worried about where to see the fireworks. We wandered around for about half an hour but all the decent places at all were taken by people waiting. We finally just plopped down over by Space Mt. Then when they started going off at nine, we realized that we could have been just about anywhere. It was a huge circle of fireworks. I would estimate at least eight different sites that they were being set off at. They were so FABULOUS! It was really a GREAT experience! So I would not worry about being in front of the castle or in a specific location. Then afterwards, we got to go out the secret exit from Tomorrowland right to the front without going through the hub. That was cool also!

Actually, we even made it back to the Beach Club by the time Epcot had their Illuminations at 10, so we watched theirs from the Beach Club Beach. What a delightful way to spend the 4th! You will LOVE it!

I strongly recommend the MK. It was the most incredible display of fireworks I have ever seen. The MK has fireworks all around the perimeter of the park on the 4th, so you experience it 360 degrees! We kept the whole patriotic theme going last year by making PS reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern. I believe our reservations were for 6:45. We were seated around 7:00 and by the time we finished we only had to wait 20 minutes for the fireworks. We stayed there in Liberty Square and had a fabulous view with plenty of room. We could also hear the music easily because a speaker was close. Don't be discouraged by people telling you that it will be too crowded. It's worth it and the crowds were very manageable as long as you aren't planning to do the rides that day. We went first thing in the morning to get the special Tink 4th of July pin and then went swimming all day. We returned to the park at around 5:00. Enjoy! I wish I was going to be there again.

Thank you so much!!! I never thought of making a PS at MK. Maybe I should make one for dinner that evening? If the park is at capacity and you have a PS and are a Resort Guest do that have to let you in?

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with me. I want to make this the most magical trip ever!!!!

Originally posted by shelanaoaktree
Thank you so much!!! I never thought of making a PS at MK. Maybe I should make one for dinner that evening? If the park is at capacity and you have a PS and are a Resort Guest do that have to let you in?

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with me. I want to make this the most magical trip ever!!!!

That's a good question, shelanaoaktree. I wondered that myself. When we arrived at 5:00 on 4th of July, they hadn't closed the park to resort guests, yet. I wonder if our ps number would have gotten us in when they filled to capacity later. It was great to have dinner there that night. I would suggest treat that ps as you would a CRT ps and call at 6:58 right at the 60 day mark. That's what we did and my husband thanked me repeatedly that 4th of July evening.

mouseketeerwannabe

I am past the 60 day mark already. Any suggestions on where I should make a PS for?

Is there anything else that we should be prepared for on that day? I've been checking the WDWIG site to see if there is any info about the 4th.

I can't wait to go!!!!! Thanks so much for all your help everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter