Which park to visit twice, week before Xmas?

lampshadehead

Mouseketeer
So this will be my first time ever visiting in December, and needless to say, I am VERY excited. It will consist of 4 nights/5 days, with 4 day base tickets plus a MVMCP ticket. I know that one day other than the party day will be for MK, leaving 3 days to distribute between Epcot and the Studios (no AK this time, or maybe I should:confused:). I was leaning toward Epcot, but now with SWGE, an extra day at HS might increase the chances of riding both new rides? But the main point of this trip is to take in most of the holiday offerings and decorations. The last day there, will need to be a daytime visit, since we have a late flight home. Any advice? TIA.

If you are focused on holiday items - I would plan 2 days at Epcot (with a monorail crawl - explaining later). HS will have SWGE and the night items for Christmas are great - JBJB is fun and Season's Greetings on Sunset is a lot of fun. They have great decorations - but during the day HS is less holiday than Epcot. The Holiday festival there is fun - do the entertainment options, see Candlelight Processional (recommend dining seating as this gets very full). But Epcot also gives you access to the monorail and the monorail hotels - I would make a point to get to the Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread house and the contemporary for their gingerbread display - catch lunch at any of the hotels Captain Cooks is always good or my new fav is Gasparilla Grill at GF (little known but the food if great!)

Ok well now I am considering AK! Originally I hadn't because when doing some google searches, a few of the articles I came across said that AK doesn't have much in the way of decorations. Oh and tentative plan is to do the hotels on the late morning/afternoon of MVMCP (not worried about being out all day and late, usually we hold up.) Since I need to always have a morning in MK, it was going to be MK the morning of the party I am not attending and then do Disney Springs that night.

I would consider AK. They are significantly upping their christmas game this year and there are to be some new offerings this year that were previously announced.

I know that you want to skip DAK but I would reconsider, especially since you have party tickets in MK. I enjoyed DSH a lot last year, as agree that while it is pretty during the day, it was so lovely at night. The vintage decorations make it a unique experience, IMO.

Epcot is so pretty! Spend all day and night there. The decorations seem different in teh sunlight that at night, and the entertainment and food is very much Holiday.

DAK is worth the trip just for the stunning tree at the entry. My gosh, it is beautiful.

MK is fun. I would schedule this one on a party day and enter at RD. Leave at dinnertime before theparty starts and hit the monorail resorts for a tour. If possible head over to Fort WIlderness and take a wagon ride around to see the campsights decorated.

The party will give you all the effects of MK at night and more.

Like others I wouldn't skip AKL but I'd also just play it by ear for that last day. Just wait and go to whichever park you feel like you didn't get enough of before. Yes, it will be crowded and yes you will have trouble getting those must do FPs but if you aren't focused so much on rides and more on just experiencing the place at Christmas, it will work.

I wouldn't skip AK. As someone else mentioned, they're stepping up their holiday game this year, so I bet it'll be amazing.

But if you were to skip AK, I'd say Epcot is the best choice for a 2nd day. So much to see (and eat, LOL) in the World Showcase. The storytellers, the holiday kitchens, the music (Voices of Liberty and the gospel group Joyful). There is plenty to do, and it's festive day and night. Hollywood Studios is very "holly jolly" itself, but I feel like there are less specific Christmas/Holiday things to do there, especially during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!