Which Rapid Antigen tests have you received in order to get on board the ship?

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
I know Royal Caribbean looks to be offering the Abbott Binax Now test to do at home with an online supervised professional. However they don't indicate whether they will ship these to Canada, where I live.

The RC website says they will accept :
  • Any Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician or other health professional is accepted. This includes the common Abbot ID NOW test administered by many pharmacies. The test provider must provide you with a proper results document (no handwritten notes).
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/...rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go
My local (big chain) pharmacy (Shopper's Drug Mart for my fellow Canadians) is offering the Abbott Panbio rapid antigen test that I hoping to arrange within the 2 days prior to cruise sailing. I realize it makes sense to assume that, because it is an Abbott test, and it will be administered by at the pharmacy, that it is a no-brainer it will be accepted. However my nightmare is to make this assumption only to have a small technicality render that specific test to be ineligible in the eyes of RC. Have sent many messages to RC without receiving a reply.

For anyone who has done a pharmacy-administered rapid antigen test (and perhaps those in Canada who may have received from Shopper's Drug Mart) that was accepted by RC, do you recall which particular antigen test it was?

Thanks in advance

Following-up on this. Right now, our next cruise is with Carnival so we expect to make an appointment with Biron at the Montreal Airport for a rapid antigen test… but later in 2022 we are sailing with RCCL from Bayonne and can’t wait to see what kind of arrangements we can make for testing.

I’m flying to NYC for our cruise and will be there for a while before sailing. Having a pre cruise test within the 2 day window seems a little complicated…. Trying to figure out where we can be tested before boarding…

When do you cruise? DW and I easily tested at home day before our recent cruise using

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

We are cruising next summer, but I was under the impression you couldn’t use an at home test. So I was trying to locate a pharmacy in the city for a same day test to present for boarding. I looks like Walgreens/ CVS provide them at no charge. RCL site indicated it had to be within a 2 day window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter