Which Resale Brokers Use Which Title Companies

SuzGM84

Mouseketeer
Hi All - in doing our DVC resale research, I have been tracking (to the best of my ability) the price of the deeds that I see recorded on the OC Comptroller's site. Most deeds list a title company (Magic Vacation, First American, etc.). Does anyone know which resale broker prefers to use which title company? I know a buyer can choose whichever one they want, but I'm going on the assumption that most folks go with what is suggested. Trying to see if I can pinpoint which resale broker goes to which deed to get an idea of overall trends.

As always, TIA for all your insight and advice!

Bought through dvc resale market and they used magic vacation title. Everything went pretty quickly and smooth.

Aug 7th received email with closing docs
Aug 8 returned docs
Aug 9 *** received docs
Aug 15 - closed

Last edited:
Bought through dvc resales and they used magic vacation title. Everything went pretty quickly and smooth.

Aug 7th received email with closing docs
Aug 8 returned docs
Aug 9 *** received docs
Aug 15 - closed

Thanks @skippytx ! when you say dvc resales - I'm guessing you mean dvc-resales.com a/k/a the time share store? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

dvcresalemarket uses Magic Vacation Title. The Time Share store uses First American Title.

We have used both Magic Vacation Title and First American and both were good, but our 3 resale contracts went very smoothly. It really depends on the sellers of the contracts and whether they are international sellers. International sellers can cause delays in getting things closed, but isn't always necessarily their fault either.

I bought a small AKL contract through the Timeshare Store (dvc-resales) and they used ***.

I bought a larger contract through ********** (*********) a few years ago and they used Duncan Realty.

I'm not sure any of them are "married" to a certain closing company. They spread it around, but some may have those that they favor.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm currently in the process of buying through *************.com - and they are using Duncan Realty.

I bought a small AKL contract through the Timeshare Store (dvc-resales) and they used ***.

I bought a larger contract through ********** (*********) a few years ago and they used Duncan Realty.

I'm not sure any of them are "married" to a certain closing company. They spread it around, but some may have those that they favor.

Perhaps you are right as I am currently in the process of a contract with Timeshare store and they are using First American.

The Timeshare Store, Inc. uses First American Title for closings at all Orlando DVC Resorts, Vero Beach, Grand Californian Resort and Aulani. Hilton Head DVC closings are handled by Wilson Law in South Carolina.

We have used 2 companies recently. Buy and Sell DVC who used Duncan Title. Duncan was horrible and I would suggest not using and broker who uses them. We also used DVC Resale Market and they used Magic Title.

When we say they "use", that just means they direct you towards their preferred partner. You can request to use any title company you want if you have a specific preference.

We bought through **********. An attorney is handling our closing. So far things have been going very smoothly and quickly!

We bought through **********. An attorney is handling our closing. So far things have been going very smoothly and quickly!

I also went with a "*******" type of resale outfit that worked with a small lawyer for closing. My international seller contract went from offer to close in 23 days.

Going through that process, I figured out that the larger title companies have so much volume that they move that they end up sitting on estoppels and closing documents and pin the delay time on Disney's turnaround.

When we say they "use", that just means they direct you towards their preferred partner. You can request to use any title company you want if you have a specific preference.

I second what ScubaCat said about advocating for your own closing company and avoiding the big behemoths who have way too much volume to handle resale contracts efficiently.

I specifically asked to use someone else other than Duncan Realty and was basically told no way. The contract was too good to pass up but honestly, part of me still wishes that I would have stuck to my guns as Duncan has been VERY, VERY slow.

I specifically asked to use someone else other than Duncan Realty and was basically told no way. The contract was too good to pass up but honestly, part of me still wishes that I would have stuck to my guns as Duncan has been VERY, VERY slow.

Are you already under contract? It's definitely illegal to force you to use a certain title company, but once you sign the contract you're likely stuck for the time being.

That said, did you ask for a different company via email? In other words, do you have some sort of proof? I also assume that they added title insurance to the closing. If this is all the case and it's been a couple of weeks with no sign of progress, ask the broker once again to transfer the settlement to a different title company. I'd file a complaint with the Florida division of consumer services. If not now, when this is all done so that they don't continue to engage in these illegal kickbacks.

https://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/Consumers/needourhelp.htm

In reference to: https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ruleno.asp?id=69B-186.010

On one of our contracts that Duncan closed, we felt they were pretty slow as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter