which resort concierge???

Which resort concierge???

• Akl concierge

• Poly concierge

• Gf concierge

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mmmm how would you define "kid friendly"? As in playroom kinda things or kiddie snacks? I'll take a stab at it anyway... please forgive me if I completely miss the point! :D

I've been to the YC and AKL concierges and both had nice things for kids. AKL had more of a tv area showing disney flicks. The "kid" area in YC was much much smaller. We liked AKL's CL cuz the little guys could zone out in front of the tube watching a movie, allowing the adults a short time of peace and relaxation to enjoy a libation and/or a snack. There were some nice snacks for kids and delicious food for the grown ups. And don't forget that AKL espresso machine!

I've heard the poly has some nice specialized snacks for kids.. the jelly worms and all. Don't know about the other offerings.

When do you plan on going?

Darian

Thanks for your reply, we are planning on going Oct. 1-5 and I have a six yo ds. We have stayed at poly in a gv concierge room in 2001, but he doesn't really remember it. I was mainly trying to decide if I'll miss the monorail access at AKL, or if we would enjoy AKL so much it wouldn't matter?

The Poly.
It is so easy to get to Mk. With kids I would think that is where you would spend most of your time.

To me the GF seems like Grandma's house where you are afraid the little ones would break something. Just a little to formal it seems to me.

The AKL it doesn't have the Monorail , I would hate to take buses everywhere.
JMHO

I'd probably go with the Poly since you're likely to be spending a lot of your time at the Magic Kingdom. The Poly concierge has a big screen TV, which is usually playing Disney cartoons or movies. There are several food offerings for kids (I can think of cupcakes, gummy worms, and cookies off the top of my head).

Yup, I would say the Poly is the most kid-friendly and my kids (7,4 and 18 months) absolutely love it.
1) Big-screen TV,
2) kid-friendly snacks and meals (gummy worms, M&Ms, lots of fruit, brownies, PB&J, etc),
3) Great view of Cinderella's castle (mosquito-free fireworks and water pageant!)
4) Right next to volcano pool
5) Lounge never closes (great when little one will not sleep!)
6) Close to Magic Kingdom (my kids' favorite park)

If your kids really love a good pool, then you might consider the Yacht or Beach Club. Stormalong Bay is the best pool at any of the Disney hotels (IMHO).

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter