• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which resort would you choose?

The Brechun's

Mouseketeer
Driving down to WDW in early March for the 7 day land and sea package. We have a choice of either the Caribbean Beach Resort or the Port Orleans Resort . Also any comments on our cabin # 6089. Travelling with DW and DD 7 1/2 years old. Any comments on the resorts would be greatly appreciated/

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for our last 2 visits (one, just before our Magic cruise) and we LOVED it! It was breathtakingly beautiful! The pools were great, the staff wonderful and the Mansions outstanding! (We stayed on the Mansions side both times) I would never hesitate to recommend this resort.

Another vote for POR! We've stayed in the Alligator Bayou side. It's a gorgeous resort and we LOVE to take the boat ride down to DTD from there!

Another vote for POR...we stayed in Feb. 02 for two weeks & loved it! Stayed in Alligator Bayou bldg 15....very quite and close to the bus stop and main bldg.
Very pretty resort and a good pool.

DD and I stayed there over Easter last year and enjoyed ourselves tremendously!

When we at the FLA Travel show in Cambridge the rep there said it was child friendly! (Actually she said too many children!)

We liked the main pool and also that each location had it own pool. The tropical feel of the whole place, the music playing, the water boats, the bikes, mousekeeping animals, the sand beaches, the croisant breakfast sandwiches, the island, the birds...

Sorry for going on but it's our fav but then again have never stayed anywhere else on site. Counting the days until we return in January!

I think anywhere you stay will be Magical!

Enjoy

Scratch
:smooth:

Have stayed at both resorts - and both a truly wonderful! However - perhaps because we travel from the frozen North in winter - CBR and its more tropical feel is our family's favourite of the two.

CBR is more about palm trees and steel drum music with a Caribbean beat; Port Orleans feels like a southern version pine woods.

Have stayed at both resorts - and both a truly wonderful! However - perhaps because we travel from the frozen North in winter - CBR and its more tropical feel is our family's favourite of the two.

CBR is more about palm trees and steel drum music with a Caribbean beat; Port Orleans feels like a southern version pine woods and the music is ragtime/dixieland.

At either resort, however, you will become totally besotted with the magic!

CBR is more about palm trees and steel drum music with a Caribbean beat; Port Orleans feels like a southern version pine woods and the music is ragtime/dixieland.

At either resort, however, you will become totally smitten by the magic!

CBR gets my vote too! It has a real "tropical" feel to it, and coming from a Canadian winter, that was just the icing on the cake. We visited POR and didn't like the set up as much. There are fewer pools and compared to CBR, felt more "bunched up". Just our opinion, of course. We really liked the beaches, and ended each day with a drink, swinging on one of the beach hammocks, watching the fireworks from Epcot over the top of the trees.

Yet another vote for POR! I've stayed there 4 times, obviously I find it very appealing. It has a wonderful ambience, and like Julie mentioned, the boat trip to DTD is a great plus! :)

Kim :)

I must be doing something wrong - I thought I was just revising my draft response, but I ended up sending it three times! Sorry everyone - I still love CBR, but didn't mean to send three votes!

We stayed at CBR about 4 years ago and we've gone back to WDW since then and stayed twice at the Coronado Springs Resort (very nice) and once at The Wilderness Lodge (amazing). CBR was our least favorite... We thought that it needed some renovations. Well, I just read somewhere that it closed in September for renovations and will be reopening in time for Christmas. It will be "kinda brand new" in March, so you could definitely go there. We haven't been to Port Orleans, so I can't compare.

We stayed at POR it was actually Dixie Landings then and we liked it but I prefered Coronado have not stayed at CBR but really want to it looks so nice and the theme is great. So I would say stay at CBR

We have stayed at both and our families vote goes with POR. They are both great, but you are going to get a taste of the Islands in Nassau so why not try another theme form your land portion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter