Which resort?

disneybeautyfnp

Mouseketeer
We are planning an upcoming trip to the World. Debating between POFQ and POR. Which one would you choose and why? Thanks!

They're so close to one another, you can walk between them easily. POFQ is smaller and has only one bus, whereas POR is larger and has 4 internal bus stops. We never had any issues with that part though. Both have a boat to Disney Springs, although it starts at POR and stops second at POFQ.

I'd probably pick POFQ, I liked the theming there a bit better. But they're so close it almost doesn't matter.

We've only stayed at POR but we've walked POFQ, agree with PP on comments. We chose POR over POFQ for the royal rooms for our daughters, otherwise, I think that you could really call them sister properties as since they are both similar in overall theme and layout. The grounds of both properties are very lush and serene. We stayed in the Magnolia section at POR last time and our bus depot was only 3-5 minute walk from our river view room in the Magnolia section. The lobby was a 5-7 min walk and it's all very enjoyable with the pretty grounds. We never had any issues with buses, extra long waits or any buses that just drove by us. I think our next visit we would give FQ a try. I love the theming of both resorts.

Both are really nice. POFQ is small, compact, so you aren't too far from anything and it has one bus stop. POR is much larger and has multiple bus stops. So if you like to wander around the resort, POR has nice paths to walk around the resort. POR has a larger food court and Boatwrights (table service restaurant). POFQ has a nice food court and no table service. POR has rooms in the Alligator Bayou section that have the drop down murphy bed if you have a smaller child in the group (they are about 66" long, 30" wide). You can catch a boat to Disney Springs from both resorts and you can easily walk between the two resorts.

Riverside has the two different areas, the Mansions and Alligator Bayou (looks more rustic). FQ resembles the French Quarter in NOLA with the black iron railings and large square gardens.

You can't go wrong with either resort. How many are in your party and are any small kids? POFQ is much smaller than POR and if you have little one's I'd lean towards POFQ for the ease of getting from the bus stop to our resort building.

I'd probably go with whichever one is less. I loved POR when I stayed there, I walked over to POFQ every morning and didn't really like the look of the buildings, too hotel like for me but I'd assume it would suit if that didn't bother you.

Not sure the size of your family, but POR has rooms for 5, POFQ does not. That made the decision easy for us. (Although I plan to spend some time at FQ since they share amenities.)

Last time I was at POR, I walked over to POFQ and was kinda jealous of the setup. It was more intimate, the bar had a nice live band (I'm not a Yee-ha Bob fan), and the food choices for quick service were more appealing to me. So this Oct, I've decided to give POFQ a shot instead.

POFQ, only one bus stop, smaller and closer to amenities. I don't care for the large spread out resorts with multiple bus stops. We also love the Scat Cat Lounge and the singers they have there. They are the only moderate we will stay at.

Last time I was at POR, I walked over to POFQ and was kinda jealous of the setup. It was more intimate, the bar had a nice live band (I'm not a Yee-ha Bob fan), and the food choices for quick service were more appealing to me. So this Oct, I've decided to give POFQ a shot instead.

What is about Yeeha Bob don't you like? I haven't seen him yet, but based on YT videos I would like to see him. Can you provide specifics please? Thanks!

What is about Yeeha Bob don't you like? I haven't seen him yet, but based on YT videos I would like to see him. Can you provide specifics please? Thanks!

I think he's just too wacky for me. I found the constant whistling and silly voices not to my taste. I think the show is great if you like that kind of high energy interactive stuff, but it was just too loud. I don't have any kids, so that might have added to it since a lot of the show seems directed especially to the younger ones. I will say that my mother (she's in her 60s) was so put off by him that she kept lamenting the loss of her quiet hang-out space for a good portion of the rest of the night. I think it's great that he has such a following and that it's such a special experience for so many. I mean, it looked like a lot of people where having a wonderful time.

We like POR best of the two, but have happily stayed at both resorts. I would suggest that you check out portorleans.org to get some more details and look at pics online to see which theme appeals to you the most. Some people dislike the multiple bus stops at POR, but we have never had a problem with them. We prefer the QS food court at POR, love having a TS at our resort and enjoy the many extra amenities at POR. POFQ is just a short walk away when we get a hankering for some beignets!

Enjoy whichever you choose. Both are awesome!

POFQ is our "go-to" resort. We love the size, location, single bus stop, boat to DS, option to walk to POR and check out the different amenities that they may offer that POFQ doesn't. We have stayed in Buildings 1 and Buildings 7 which are the two furthest locations from the food court, lobby, bus stop and it took us 3-4 minutes to walk to everything. It's about an 8-10 minute walk to POR which isn't too bad. Our last stay was at POR (Feb. 2018 for the Princess Fairy Tale Challenge) and there was an internal bus from POR to POFQ and back if you don't want to do the walk.

All in all POFQ would get our vote. :)

Loved POR. Walked over to POFQ, just didn't seem to have much cause it is small, but either way you can use both. Just found POR nicer, in fact we've repeated. It was my favorite mod. Go on allears and look at the sheets. But the best is to go on the resort boards for each on here, and see what calls you more. Also Andres portorleans.org is The Best site.

Agree you can't go wrong with either, but my choice has always been POR. I actually like it better than AKL. Grounds are beautiful (ask for Mansion side, corner room, upper floor - at least that's my favorite). Something about the scale and landscaping of POR gives it the edge for me over POFQ. But I know some prefer the smaller resort. I also like to foodcourt better. Oh and don't miss Yeehah Bob!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter