Which restaurants have best Christmas theme during the holidays?

condorthb

Peter, we need to talk about your TPS reports.
Looking for some suggestions.

Which restaurants have the best Christmas theme?

If you have ever watched and enjoyed Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas special, you should definitely go to Be Our Guest! They have a Christmas Tree in the ballroom that has the ornaments on it from the film, plus Angelique is the angel on top of the tree. When my kids were young, they LOVED this story, and we were all so excited to see it represented here!

I would throw out anything in Wilderness Lodge is probably going to be a great bet.

The PNW lodge theme is hard to beat when it comes to a Christmas vibe.

Definitely agree with BOG and Whispering Canyon. I'd also add Liberty Tree Tavern - the few times I've been there around the holidays it's really given me that warm, cozy Christmas feeling :cloud9:

While there are some restaurants that always have a holiday vibe, I went back through various trips to see which actually decorated. I was going through my Christmas 2017 pics and the ones that stood out to me...

Biergarten (extra points for the playing some Christmas music in the show)
1900 Park Fare
Trattoria Al Forno
Crystal Palace

And an honorable mention to Tusker House. They didn't have decor throughout, but the area near the buffet had a tree and (small for Disney, large for home) gingerbread house.

I think Biergarten has the best Christmas theme. There are lots of decorations, the band plays some Christmas music and they have a Christmas tree lighting every 90 minutes or so where they bring all of the children up towards the stage, give them special Christmas chocolates and pick one child to light the Christmas tree.

Some of our favorites around the holidays are really more about the Resorts they are located in. Nothing for us can beat being in the Wilderness Lodge Lobby or The Grand Floridian Lobby on Christmas Eve and Christmas. We have done Grand Floridian Cafe for both Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Dinner. We also have had Christmas Dinner with the Queen at Storybook Dining at WL. We have done Christmas breakfast at Trails End as well at Fort Wilderness. Those are our favorite places to be for the holidays.

Another vote for Biergarten.

We went to Liberty Tree tavern 2 years ago and were a bit disappointed. They had a few decorations, but not much...

The restaurants do dress up a bit, not as much in past years we have started noticing.... and all the above restaurants are great...

We always like to resort hop and see all the different Christmas trees, and other decorations in the lobby's, and we check out what Christmas snack that they offer in the food courts... The Ginger Bread House at the Grand Floridian, and the Chocolate displays at the Deluxe Resort are fun to check out and look for the hidden Mickeys...

Chefs de France has some nice decorations for Christmas. I've always been amused by the wine corks in the wreaths.
Biergarten is the best for the whole show.

Definitely Biergarten. We did our Candlelight Processional dinner there and it was like having a pre-show! Very festive, and the food is good too.

I haven't done it at Christmas, but Hoop Dee Doo adds Christmas stuff to their show during the holidays (at least that's what I've seen on Youtube). I love Hoop Dee Doo anyway, but think it would be neat at Christmastime...plus you could then go on a "sleigh" ride through the campground to see all the lights and decorations!

H&V - Santa Goofy and others, decent buffet (assuming either of these things are still true in the next few years)
Artist Point - WL atmosphere, great food
Liberty Tree Tavern - Turkey dinner with all the traditional sides, family style so it's definitely a quantity>quality situation but it was still ok.

Victoria and Albert's....hands down.

Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian has the best Christmas decorations. We always do LTT during Christmas, not for decorations though. We gotta have turkey dinner with sides and LTT do it right (most of the times :))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter