Which restaurants (TS or CS) have the best Christmas Atmosphere?

barbliny

DIS Veteran
We're going to Disney in early December - it's my first time in tons of trips that we'll get to see Disney in it's holiday finest. As a matter of fact, this is the exact reason we added this 4-day trip. This will be our 5th trip for 2017 - Jan, June, Sept, Oct and Dec (this AP is both a blessing and a curse!). It's just my husband and me this trip.

So, I'm looking to soak up the holiday atmosphere. We're staying at GF. We usually don't do signature restaurants - I have a hard time mentally paying those prices - and my husband doesn't want to worry about packing non-theme park clothing.

Parks? Resorts? Disney Springs? Table service, Counter Service or just bars/lounges? I'm thinking that Homecomin' may be decorated nicely and it's one that's on my list to try - has anyone been last December?

I don't remember a restaurant having an overly Christmas or Holiday theme when we were there for the holidays a few years ago. More the resort than the restaurants.

If anyone has seen it though, this is the best place to ask.

You really don't need fancy clothing to eat at the signatures, but if you don't want to pay the prices, I certainly understand! In terms of resorts, GF and WL are gorgeously decorated. If you want to keep it casual at GF, GF Cafe is great. Visit WL and eat at WCC.

We went last December, and although nothing was totally decked out, a lot of places did have some nice decorations inside the restaurant. Ohana had a nice big wreath inside, 50s Prime Time had a great 1950's themed tree in the waiting area, Be Our Guest had a tree in front of the snowy windows in the ballroom (great for pictures), Whispering Canyon had a view of the WL tree, Beaches and Cream was the best - each mirror above the 3 or 4 booths had these amazing huge Christmas themed decorations on each one. Just seeing the lobby of the deluxe resorts before or after your meal will make you feel super Christmasy!

I haven't been at Christmas time but we are planning to be there this December. The one Christmas theme restaurant we are going to is at Hollywood and Vine Christmas Dine with Minnie. All the characters will be in their Christmas outfits and Christmas Goofy. I don't know how decorated the restaurant will be though and if you're not into characters you may not be interested. We're excited about it though!

Hoop dee doo does some christmas songs mixed in to the normal show and you could take a carriage ride to see the decorations.

We have been over Christmas for the last 8 years. I agree with another comment about the resorts being more 'christmas-y' than the restaurants. We eat at the Grand Floridian cafe on Christmas eve and Narcoosee's on Christmas day as it's definitely the most beautifully decorated resort IMHO, although the trees and decorations at WL and AKL are stunning so any reservations at their eateries would be worth considering too. Now I singing 'Its the most wonderful time of the year' :santa:

Last edited:

We went at Christmastime last year and Be Our Guest was the only one we ate at that felt decorated and Christmas-ey. I can't remember any others (including Homecoming) that were decorated. But the parks and everything are all decorated so everything feels like Christmas already! And I would still do Homecoming whether it's decorated or not.

Thanks for all of the answers. I'm a little disappointed that so few restaurants decorate for the holidays. That's probably why my google searches weren't turning up any images!! But, still so excited to see WDW decked out for Christmas.

We did Biergarten in 2014 and it was very nicely decorated, and had tonnes of live music that was Christmas themed as well. We were there the second week of December, and did it as a CP Dining Package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts