Which rides are jerky?

Krisshay13

DIS Veteran
I'm taking a friend (1st timer) that doesn't want to do any jerky rides. She has "minor" back issues & doesn't want to chance it.
I really only thought about Space...…..what other rides are real jerky?
She's ok with the spinning rides. She probably won't ride RnR.

I just don't even notice....I ride anything..LOL
Any help will be appreciated!!!

Dinosaur. I had to actively work to stay in my seat. Also, the closer to the back of a coaster you are the more intense/rough the ride will be. To me there is a huge difference between riding front car and back car of Space. I happened to do both back to back last trip.

Dinosaur. I had to actively work to stay in my seat. Also, the closer to the back of a coaster you are the more intense/rough the ride will be. To me there is a huge difference between riding front car and back car of Space. I happened to do both back to back last trip.

For both Dinosaur and Space Mountain I find it helps to brace hard with your legs and feet. But yeah they are the two jerkiest in the parks. Toy Story Mania and Alien Swirl Saucers aren't jerky but throw you left and right really hard.

info I needed!!
I've never ridden Dinosaur (always had a small child with me at AK)…..so, didn't know it was jerky.
Safari? See, I wouldn't think of it as jerky...maybe bumpy...she'll have to think about that one.
Star Tours....I forgot about it...yes, that's one she'll need to skip
I was worried about BTMRR.........I really want to ride that...ugh
We really can skip Alien Swirl......but, TSM, I think she'll be ok as long as she knows how it rides

Thanks...this really helps!!

I'm taking a friend (1st timer) that doesn't want to do any jerky rides. She has "minor" back issues & doesn't want to chance it.
I really only thought about Space...…..what other rides are real jerky?
She's ok with the spinning rides. She probably won't ride RnR.

I just don't even notice....I ride anything..LOL
Any help will be appreciated!!!
These come to mind for me:

Space Mountain
RnR
Star Tours
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl
Kilimanjaro Safari

I have a bad back. I manage our vacations to include only [1] back-unfriendly ride per day.

This list is very good.

I would add Tower of Terror as being 'unfriendly' to folks with back problems.

Personally, the Jeeps of Dinosaur and Safari are OK for me, but they are 'jerky'.

The cars of Test Track are OK for me too, but if you're really concerned, this is another ride to avoid.

And I find 7Dwarfs to be the smoothest roller coaster; Big Thunder is less jerky for me than Everest.

I wouldn't ride Test Track. It is a mostly mild ride but one of the tests will jerk you around turns. I was on it last week and I guess they had bad timing so they sent the car I was in right behind another car and right before the speed test our car came to a sudden stop and hurt my back (it was a quick pain but it hurt)

I have a bad back. I manage our vacations to include only [1] back-unfriendly ride per day.

This list is very good.

I would add Tower of Terror as being 'unfriendly' to folks with back problems.

Personally, the Jeeps of Dinosaur and Safari are OK for me, but they are 'jerky'.

The cars of Test Track are OK for me too, but if you're really concerned, this is another ride to avoid.

And I find 7Dwarfs to be the smoothest roller coaster; Big Thunder is less jerky for me than Everest.
good to know!! thanks
I think she's ok with rides like Test Track...…..I was worried about Big Thunder.
I think I will get her to watch some videos of them before we go. Fastpass day in next week so, I don't want to get any for rides I know she should stay away from.

I wouldn't ride Test Track. It is a mostly mild ride but one of the tests will jerk you around turns. I was on it last week and I guess they had bad timing so they sent the car I was in right behind another car and right before the speed test our car came to a sudden stop and hurt my back (it was a quick pain but it hurt)
darn....ugh....I will let her know this. Thanks...never had that happen but, that could be bad for someone with back issues.

darn....ugh....I will let her know this. Thanks...never had that happen but, that could be bad for someone with back issues.
you're welcome. I've ridden it countless times and this is the only time they stopped us. But every ride on it has the test(I belive the brake and the barrier tests are the ones) that jerks you around.

I have had 2 back surgeries and baby my back at all times...the only ride that gives me a hard time is 7 DWARFS MINE TRAIN. The side to side swing is problematic.

info I needed!!
I've never ridden Dinosaur (always had a small child with me at AK)…..so, didn't know it was jerky.
Safari? See, I wouldn't think of it as jerky...maybe bumpy...she'll have to think about that one.
Star Tours....I forgot about it...yes, that's one she'll need to skip
I was worried about BTMRR.........I really want to ride that...ugh
We really can skip Alien Swirl......but, TSM, I think she'll be ok as long as she knows how it rides

Thanks...this really helps!!
Touring plans just had an article where they had actually measured the jerk on BTMRR.

I’m glad for this thread. My wife has neck issues. She can handle some light jerky rides, but not space mountain. That was the only one that bothered her last time. Thank you!

By the way, is there a way to save threads to view them later? Thank you.

I have had 2 back surgeries and baby my back at all times...the only ride that gives me a hard time is 7 DWARFS MINE TRAIN. The side to side swing is problematic.
wow, see I think 7DMT is pretty smooth......I know now, she will just have to watch some videos and decide.

wow, see I think 7DMT is pretty smooth......I know now, she will just have to watch some videos and decide.

Oh it's plenty smooth. But the twisting of my hips from side to side on the ride makes me have to ride with extreme caution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter