Which rides are jerky?

Kilimanjaro Safari was crazy when we sat in the back row. I wasn't expecting it, it was a lot of fun actually, but if you want to take pictures, sit further up front. Bad back, don't think I'd do it.

If she’s that concerned, I’d be careful on anything that doesn’t simply go in a circle (Dumbo, carrousel, etc). We’ve gotten some pretty good bumps even on things like Splash Mountain and Pirates. The corners can sometimes hit hard and jerk quite a bit on several rides. We’ve even gotten hit pretty good from behind on IASW when the other boats catch up to you. Any ride can have unexpected harsh movements that can strain a back or neck.

Space Mountain - very jerky and in the dark so you can't prepare fo rit.
RnR used to be smooth, not anymore
Star Tours motion simulated but still jerky
Dinosaur lots of start and stops and bouncing around
Kilimanjaro Safari - mentioned by others, I wouldn't consider it jerky, lots of bouncing around

Frankly, ever 'tame' rides can be 'jerky' as you start/stop suddenly, go around corners or bump the car in front of you near the end of the ride. The indoor part of Test Track is VERY jerky with several sudden moves/turns/etc. We enjoyed it, but it is a LOT different from the prior version of that ride and would certainly consider those movements as jerky.

Wow, I think just about every ride is mentioned in this thread. Lol.
LOL...I was thinking the same thing. Why are we even going if we can't ride anything??? Just kidding.

Seriously, I appreciate all the info. I know she will be fine on most of the rides. I will make sure she understands about the bumping of other vehicles on each ride...that way she can be prepared.
Thanks everyone!!!

I have significant back issues. I still have a great time at Disney, but I don't go on any of the rides that I think may hurt my back. I was fine on 7 Dwarfs, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog, Peter Pan, Flying Carpets, Navi River Journey, even Soarin'. I used a seat cushion that I brought on the Safari and Jungle Cruise, and then I was ok. I could also go on pretty much any of the rides that young kids can go on (except bumper cars or spinning). I got a lot of info ahead of time by watching YouTube videos of people going on the rides.

I have significant back issues. I still have a great time at Disney, but I don't go on any of the rides that I think may hurt my back. I was fine on 7 Dwarfs, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog, Peter Pan, Flying Carpets, Navi River Journey, even Soarin'. I used a seat cushion that I brought on the Safari and Jungle Cruise, and then I was ok. I could also go on pretty much any of the rides that young kids can go on (except bumper cars or spinning). I got a lot of info ahead of time by watching YouTube videos of people going on the rides.
thanks.....I do feel she can do most of these rides. and yes, I've told her to watch on YouTube. I think that will help her alot

Kilimanjaro Safari was crazy when we sat in the back row. I wasn't expecting it, it was a lot of fun actually, but if you want to take pictures, sit further up front. Bad back, don't think I'd do it.
This past week was our first time to ride in the back row of the Safari vehicle, and I couldn't believe how much difference it makes! My daughter rode it three years ago in the front row when she was 6 months pregnant, and couldn't understand why there was a warning for pregnant women not to ride this. Well, she rode it this time with me and her 2.5 year old in the back row and totally understood!

This past week was our first time to ride in the back row of the Safari vehicle, and I couldn't believe how much difference it makes! My daughter rode it three years ago in the front row when she was 6 months pregnant, and couldn't understand why there was a warning for pregnant women not to ride this. Well, she rode it this time with me and her 2.5 year old in the back row and totally understood!
never would have thought of that......good to know!!!

For what its worth, I have back issues but I sat towards the front on the safari ride, and I found it to be totally fine. The back of the truck can be bumpy though. I'd just avoid the back.

None of the rides really threw out my back to be honest...but i did find Space Mountain and Dinosaur to be pretty rough. You get thrown around quite a bit on those rides.

Primeval Whirl was tougher on my back and neck than I thought it would be, there were only two of us in the spinny car and we were being thrown from side to side when it unexpectedly spun.

For what its worth, I have back issues but I sat towards the front on the safari ride, and I found it to be totally fine. The back of the truck can be bumpy though. I'd just avoid the back.

None of the rides really threw out my back to be honest...but i did find Space Mountain and Dinosaur to be pretty rough. You get thrown around quite a bit on those rides.
thanks....I figure I will tell her to stay off Space & Dinosaur for sure...I think the rest will be fine. we will try the front on safari...that makes sense now that I see so many saying it.

Primeval Whirl was tougher on my back and neck than I thought it would be, there were only two of us in the spinny car and we were being thrown from side to side when it unexpectedly spun.
yep, I told her some of the rides would be ok if we squeeze in several together, when possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!