Which rides/shows at Tokyo Disney Seas have interpreters?

auntyjenn

Dreaming of Disney
We are going to Tokyo Disney Sea in August and I was wondering which rides and shows I should ask for an interpreter device for?

Thanks

I don't think any ride needs an "interpreter".

On my very first visit back in 2009, I was handed a card at Tower of Terror which provided a brief rundown of the "story", but I've never received a card on subsequent visits. Similarly, on my first visit, I recall getting some kind of iPad like device with an English translation for the Genie's Magic Show (or whatever it is called), but I didn't get one on my most recent visit (which was only the second time that I've seen the show). I don't recall ever receiving anything similar for any other show or ride at DisneySea.

Do you have a particular concern? The "theming" on most rides does a good job of telling the story. I don't think much is lost in translation.

The other 2 that I remember people mentioning with translation devices are Mermaid Lagoon Theater and the Tiki Room. We didn't get the device at any of them and the only one I kind of wished we had was the Magic Lamp Theater - lots of dialogue in that one.

I've never gotten one for The Little Mermaid. I can't recall ever doing Tiki room at TDR, although I'm sure I must have at least once!

I've been offered a device for Little Mermaid (which I don't think you need; the songs are in English and easy to follow along), and my friend was offered the card on ToT once, but that's it. You can always ask at the ones mentioned above, and I think which ones offer interpreter services are in the English map?

Other info about English services offered in the park are found here:
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/service/detail/str_id:tds_langservice/

I also got one for the Genie's magic show which was useful, especially for the pre show talk thing.
It definitely wasn't necessary for The Little Mermaid. Parts of the songs were English and if you know the story, you can work out what's going on.
Wouldn't recommend Turtle Talk though. My cousin can speak Japanese so we went. She loved it. I had absolutely no idea what was being said haha

We got one in the tiki room today. It was good and bad. Good because I could actually understand the dialogue. Bad because it makes you spend all the time looking at the device and barely any time to look around at the birds and theater. You almost need to watch it twice. Once with the interpreter and once without.

The new show Out of the Shadowlands did not offer us one. It was all in Japanese, and would have been much better with a translation. Still a very beautiful show though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter