Which rollercoaster first?

tmp

Mouseketeer
DS number 2(age 7)is desperate to do an 'upside down' coaster.He has 7 weeks to grow 3 cms-hope he makes it.
Have very vague memories of Space Mountain and haven't done Rock n Roller Coaster so I am not sure if one is slightly 'tamer' than the other.
Any thoughts?

Well, I would say neither is really tame, and the other "upside down" roller coaster, Indian Jones, is the least "tame". R'n'R is the "smoothest" in my opinion, but they are all great fun!

I hope your son can make the height limit! :Pinkbounc

I haven't been on the new version of Space Mountain, but if it's like the older one, I'd say its "level" is in between RnR and Indiana Jones. Indian Jones is the most jerky, IMO, and some find it uncomfortable. I like it a lot better now that it goes forwards instead of backwards, but it's probably my least-favorite roller-coaster in Disneyland.
I'm sending pixie dust for a growth spurt! :wizard:

Thanks all,
Have double checked the height restrictions and noticed that R'n'R is only 1.20m so I know we will be able to get on that and will probably do it first.:teeth:
I know Ds won't make the height for Indiana Jones but I'm not too bothered about that ride anyway.DH and I did it on our 1st visit and it jerked so much I banged my head and hurt my neck.:sad2:
Fingers are still crossed for Space Mountain-thanks for the pixie dust MinnieYC ;)

You've got a brave DS there ;) our DD who will turn 8 just after our summer visit is building up courage to do Big Thunder Mountain :wizard:

Reid

Cyrano said:
our DD who will turn 8 just after our summer visit is building up courage to do Big Thunder Mountain :wizard:

Reid

Me too Reid :rolleyes: my DD is nearly nine and after an experience on Splash Mountain at WDW 3 years ago won't go on anything more scary than Peter Pan :teeth:

Isn't it funny how different siblings can be?
DS age 9 will not even entertain the idea of going on anything more 'scary' than Thunder Mountain-upside down or in the dark are big no-nos.
DS age 7 however are the family stuntman and has absolutely no fear!

Gee, my 9 yr old DS also stays clear away from coasters or thrill rides of any kind. He won't even go into the Haunted Mansion (or Phantom Manor).

Hello,

If Space Mountain is a must (which it is for me!) then do it first but not too soon after breakfast!

I wish the SM at WDW was even half as good as the one at DLP.

RnR is also excellent. Good coaster with an origianal theme. But the same applies re' food, if you want to keep it then wait a reasonable amount of time before riding!

:flower:

Jodie

NB) These coasters are not designed to make you feel ill but they have fantastic launches which add to the excitment but also have a bit a negative effect on your stomach!

Hi there,

My own opinion is that R & R Coaster may be that bit more suitable for starting off,Its a brilliant coaster with a modern theme that works well.He will love the rock music theme,it has an amazing blast off but is surprisingly smooth.

Space Mountain De La Terre a la Lune was in my opinion the most outstanding attraction in the world,it was perfection personified.The music,theme,looks ( interior & exterior ),blast-off & ride were breathtaking.I always felt the criticisms of being too bumpy were way over the top.What ride through space is smooth !!,its all part of the theme.I cant wait to experience the new version.The reviews I have read to date have generally been quite good !!

'Whatever one can dream one can achieve'
Jules Verne :earboy2: :moped:

Just returned from DLRP and was able to ride Space Mountain Mission 2 on opening day. It was definitely my favorite ride. My daughter was tall enough to ride R n R Coaster however a little short for Mission 2. I guess I enjoyed Mission 2 because I can only compare it to Space Mountain in Orlando. That ride is now extremly outdated in my mind. Did not get to experience Space Mountain at DLRP prior to Mission 2 so don't know how it was. I believe Mission 2 was smoother than RnR coaster and your child will love it if they enjoy the upside down stuff in the dark. The coaster is fast but probably not quite as fast as RnR coaster. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter