Which schedule?

mAlien13

Down with Disney
We are debating between two schedules at the moment. We are trying to decide the advantages of both and weigh them to make our decision. We were hoping all you DISer's could help out! :goodvibes

We are arriving mid-day Sunday 4/23, and leaving Friday morning 4/28.
We know we are going to spend Sunday afternoon/evening in the parks, as well as Thursday. We are planning on spending one day at USH. So, it could look like:
SUN-DL/DCA
MON-DL
TUE-USH
WED-DCA
THU-DL/DCA
or:
SUN-DL/DCA
MON-DCA
TUE-DL
WED-USH
THU-DL/DCA
We set it up this way mainly because if we go with plan two it will be because less crowded on Tuesday so it might be a better day for EE. On the other hand, the first plan lets us spend the last two days before we leave in DLR, which would be great. I don't really want to do USH on Monday as that is our 1st full day and want to be in DLR for that. :teeth:

I don't know if this dilema is silly, but if anyone can think of any pros or cons for either of the lists, it could help us alot. We are a family of six and cannot find a tie-breaker...lol.

I will be taking my first trip to Disneyland in the same time period, and here's what I have read that may influence your decision:

1. Even though this is considered off-season, the hotels are booked up for this timeframe, and so expect it to be busy.
2. The least busy days of the week are Tue. - Thu., then Mon. & Fri.
3. CA does not get near the traffic that DL does, so either do CA on the busiest days, or do DL in the a.m., then hop over to CA during peak time.
4. It takes less time to see more in CA than DL. Guides I've seen show time at DL 2:1 CA.

One possible schedule taking this into account:
SUN-DCA
MON-USH
TUE-DL
WED-DL
THU-DL/DCA

or split all days DL in a.m./CA at peak times. I chose Mon. for USH since this would be the busiest full day of your stay.

Alex2kMommy said:
I will be taking my first trip to Disneyland in the same time period, and here's what I have read that may influence your decision:

1. Even though this is considered off-season, the hotels are booked up for this timeframe, and so expect it to be busy.
2. The least busy days of the week are Tue. - Thu., then Mon. & Fri.
3. CA does not get near the traffic that DL does, so either do CA on the busiest days, or do DL in the a.m., then hop over to CA during peak time.
4. It takes less time to see more in CA than DL. Guides I've seen show time at DL 2:1 CA.

One possible schedule taking this into account:
SUN-DCA
MON-USH
TUE-DL
WED-DL
THU-DL/DCA

or split all days DL in a.m./CA at peak times. I chose Mon. for USH since this would be the busiest full day of your stay.
This was great! I brought my lovely family in to gaze over my shoulder, and...I think we are going to go for it!!

You might also want to consider the possibilty of rain on tuesday. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter