Which secret porthole cabin would you choose?

The Brechun's

Mouseketeer
Will be booking 7 Day Disney Cruise for March 12, 2005.
Will be cruising with DW, And DD (9 at time of sailing)
Which secret porthole cabin would you choose if you had a choice of the 7 cabins.
I only need to book one.

Also , will these cabins hold 4 people if I deside to bring Disney Grandma along?

I believe there are only 6. I'd only book 5020 or 5520 - the view is the least obstructed and they don't have a connecting door to the next cabin. All of these hold 4 people.

I had 5024 (or 5524) last September, and wouldn't book anything other than 5020 or 5520 unless I was traveling with people in the connecting cabin. There is too much noise coming thru the connecting door - we could hear ordinary quiet conversations over there. It would have been a nightmare if the couple had kids or a screaming baby!

We will also be cruising March 12, 2005. We have SPR #5520 reserved for my family - myself, DH, DS(16) and DS(12) at time of cruising. All of the SPR's hold 4. If you want an SPR get it quick. Disneylisa and her daughter have SPR #5020 reserved for this week. Also noticed another family from coming this week - Grumbo (?) I think. Hope to see you on board!! Good Luck on getting SPR. Eventually we will need to start The March 12, 2005 Post.
Kathy

We just sailed with room 5520 and loved it. Next year we have 5020 booked. We enjoyed watching the CM wave from port as we sailed away the first day. You could see them out the window from 5520 (5020 is on the other side). Also as we pulled into CC, it was beautiful watching the island come into view from our window.

Now since I haven't been in 5020 yet, I don't know what to expect. But the views from 5520 were lovely.

DJ

We were in room 5000 on our oct 11-18 cruise on magic. We got to see the inside of all the sph rooms along with all the cat 1-4 rooms on the morning of departure. 5020 has a better view than 5520 and there is also a VERY busy crew door at the end of the hall near 5000. also you may want to take into consideration that you will also be above the walt disney theater. our room was as far forward as you can get on deck 5 and our walls and floor vibrated along with every performance and practice that was held in the theater (we did not get our room assig until we checked in). We tried to change rooms but unfortunately there were none available and they were unwilling and/or unsuccessful to turn down the bass of the music. I personally would not of had much of a problem with it if my 2 dd's weren't 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 and went to bed at 8 pm. We also booked a sph room 5520 on our cruise in April 2005 to hopfully avoid the crew always dragging equipment etc past our room.
Hope this helps.

I will go with the majority opinion and say 5520 and 5020 only. You definitely can hear the other people when you are in a connector. We had what my husband named the "kickboxers" next door once, and they loved to slam each other into the door. If you want to see the view from the SPRs, I have photos on my website. They are an awesome bargain.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Just a quick question about SPH rooms......are they only on deck 5? Those are the ones I have seen mentioned. When looking for our cabin for our March 20 cruise, I see that there are two "inside catergory" rooms on the outside....just fore of our caabin 6508. Are these cabins SPH too?

Originally posted by Miss Eeyore
When looking for our cabin for our March 20 cruise, I see that there are two "inside catergory" rooms on the outside....just fore of our caabin 6508. Are these cabins SPH too?
Unfortunately, no.

Then I wonder just what these rooms are. They are directly fore of the cat. 8 big porthole cabins. They seem to be on both sides of the ship...they are designated by color to be "inside" catergory, but they are definitely on the outside of the ship. Has anyone stayed in these rooms?

We just had 5520 in September and loved it (but then we have only had Cat. 11 rooms before, so the window was quite a treat for us).

I am a bit concerned though because last week the people who who had the SPH rooms reserved were moved to regular Cat. 10 rooms (inside, no window). Also someone who had it booked for an upcoming cruise was told they had a new room assignment.

So I am anxious to hear when someone does get to stay in one of these rooms on the Magic again now that it is out of dry dock. I have no idea what is going on with these room, but I have 5020 booked for two cruises in 2004 and am hoping to get either 5020 or 5520 for our 2005 cruise once the rest of the year is released.

Does anyone have one of these rooms booked for an upcoming cruise this year? If so, please let us know if you do get to stay in it.

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter