Which should I pay for out of pocket?

jessie31383

Mouseketeer
we are on the dining plan and have 5 TS meals. We currently have 7 TS credits reserved. Which 2 credit wise should we pay for out of pocket? We are a family of 4 with teenagers.

Hoop dee doo - 2 credits
Coral Reef Dinner - 1
Boma Breakfast - 1
TRex Dinner - 1
Prime Time Cafe Dinner - 1
Be our Guest Dinner - 1

Thank you for the help!

I'd pay for t-rex.

Actually, as a recovering bean counter, the "correct" answer is probably to look at all the pricing on the menus of the items you would actually order and figure out which is the least expensive.

we are on the dining plan and have 5 TS meals. We currently have 7 TS credits reserved. Which 2 credit wise should we pay for out of pocket? We are a family of 4 with teenagers.

Hoop dee doo - 2 credits
Coral Reef Dinner - 1
Boma Breakfast - 1
TRex Dinner - 1
Prime Time Cafe Dinner - 1
Be our Guest Dinner - 1

Thank you for the help!

Jessie, when are you going to WDW? Because BOG changes to 2 TS credits on July 27. I agree with others to take a glance at the menus to see which is best for your family. Generally speaking, the 2 credit restaurants seem to be the least value since the meals, while more expensive, are not priced 2x more expensive than the 1 credit meals.

Out of your list, definitely the Boma breakfast. It's only $28.76 (tax included) per person. You'll be hard pressed to eat that cheaply at any of your other scheduled ADRs.

If you are getting alcohol with dinner but not breakfast, Boma might be a good one to pay out of pocket since otherwise you are “wasting” the alcohol credit on the dining plan. T rex is also a bit cheaper than some of the others so might be a good one to drop.

In your case hoop de do actually is likely more expensive than two table service meals and so worth the teo credits, since t rex and boma meals are relatively inexpensive

As the pp said, BOG will be two credits starting end of July, so if you are going when it is two credits I would pay that our ofbpocket since it is a less expensive two credit meal than hoop de do

I would be between paying for Boma (as @DisBuckMan says) it is the cheapest of the meals you picked or getting a gift card to T-Rex. Those are your two best choice.

I wouls look at the menus, see what people most likely would order and pay fo rthe cheapest one. Most likely that will be the Boma breakfast.

Boma breakfast is my first choice. T-Rex could be a contender, depending on what you plan to order there. There are several appetizers that could be enough for some as an entree, or entrees large enough to share, etc... in which case it may be the better option. I agree with the others, menu check if you want to be certain.

ETA: HDDR may be an option as well, especially if you want category 1 seating, but you don't want to have to go to the late seating. Your dining plan will only cover category 2 & 3 in the early shows and at about $32 value per credit, it's not the best deal on your dining plan anyway (although still better than Boma breakfast by $6 or so).

Agree with PP that Boma would be my choice. Generally speaking, breakfast is always the cheapest meal out of the options. And with it being a flat price, its easy to budget it in.

Out of your list, definitely the Boma breakfast. It's only $28.76 (tax included) per person. You'll be hard pressed to eat that cheaply at any of your other scheduled ADRs.

I would be between paying for Boma (as @DisBuckMan says) it is the cheapest of the meals you picked or getting a gift card to T-Rex. Those are your two best choice.

See that's what I thought too. I thought Boma would be cheapest...however.....if you look at 50's Prime menu for example, the entree prices range from $16-$26 (The most expensive item is the stuffed pork chop at $26. The sampler platter, very popular item, is only $24). If everyone just orders water and skips dessert, 50's could possibly be the cheapest to pay for out of pocket.

See that's what I thought too. I thought Boma would be cheapest...however.....if you look at 50's Prime menu for example, the entree prices range from $16-$26 (The most expensive item is the stuffed pork chop at $26. The sampler platter, very popular item, is only $24). If everyone just orders water and skips dessert, 50's could possibly be the cheapest to pay for out of pocket.

Here's the thing. Boma breakfast has a MAX price of $28.76, no matter what you want to eat. You pay that amount regardless of what you want. There is no opportunity to either get more for more money, or get less for less money.

At 50's, you have the opportunity for dessert, and a shake/alcoholic drink.

Sure, you can eat for $16 at 50PT, but that's only if you want a salad and drink water.

It all depends on if you're looking to get monetary value out of the ddp. If not, you have to decide if the dining plan is even worth it (unless you're on FD). If you're planning to get $16 salads with water and no dessert or drinks at 50PT, then you're spending less on 2 meals (Boma and 50PT) than ONE TS meal credit is "worth".

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter