Which theme park has Super Heroes?

MagicalMomAZ

DIS Veteran
I heard Universal Studios did but then I figured it was only in FL.

Looking for ANY park that has super heroes (Marvel or DC) walking about. My almost 5 yo is obsessed w/ all things "comic book hero" - if he got an autograph from Spiderman or Wolverine he'd be in heaven!! :love:

I was hoping to make a pit stop somewhere the next time we do DL. Also....if they show Batman or Spiderman on Disney XD.....why wouldn't they be in the DL parks as well????? Hmmmm..

I've never seen one walking around - had an AP last year - went 4 times. But - there is a store with some very cool Marvel characters on the building, and all the merchandise inside is Marvel. Lots of tshirts of course, some toys, etc.

If you want to see superheroes, try San Diego Comicon sometime ( always in July). So many people in really good costumes - some cheezy too of course -nearly all homemade. My 29 year old son has been a Marvel nut since he was 6- we still go to Comicon every year ( he goes for the whole 4 days ). Hard to explain - check out their website for pics: http://www.comic-con.org/

It's also always PACKED. I go for the Disney panels - usually a good couple on animation, always a movie preview usually with the director of the next work-in-progress film ( last year it was Pete Dockter with Up, and also Bolt with it's directors - so well before release ) - and my 12 year old loves the cartoon panels - last year there was one on Fairly Odd Parents with all the voice actors reading a script.

Anyway - for kids into Marvel, it's a great time. Oh yeah - and the ultimate Marvel superhero, Stan Lee, is always there.

Universal Studios Hollywood has Marvel superheroes - Spiderman and others. They tend not to be walking around, so getting autographs might not be possible. I've seen them traveling around the upper lot in a trolley.

In addition to WB cartoon characters (Bugs Bunny, etc.), Magic Mountain advertising states you can see DC comic book heroes, but who is actually out seems dependent on the season. In March, Batman was the only one I saw.

15qygll.jpg

Icasa - My 20-something sister worked w/ a comic store for years & they did comicon regularly. I never imagined taking a kid there but I guess you could see several for FREE! ;) I don't know that we'll be in CA in the summer tho, actually we try & do theme parks in the off season only so we may not be near SD until the fall or winter. But if the comic thing sticks I'm sure we'll have to give it a try one of these years! Thank you!!

Perlster - This is good to know, I guess I figured, like Disney autographs were welcomed. I wonder why super heroes aren't regularly out, little boys would be as ecstatic as little girls are about princesses! :laughing: Only prob is I think US would be a better fit for our family than MM - DH hates roller coasters (party pooper!). Thank you.

Six Flags Magic Mountain is probably your best bet. The super heroes tend to be out more on the weekends during the busy times of year. [summer]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter