WHICH TICKETS ARE THE BEST TO UPGRADE TO AP

beffiegirl

Mouseketeer
Looking to go last minute May 31- June 3. Last time we went I bought tickets on UT, used them and during our stay I upgraded for free to seasonal pass. Of course that was a year and half ago and that was for 2 parks- park to park. So now I would love to get tickets again and do the same thing but for 3 parks. Its ok if I have to pay a little to upgrade. Just wondering which is the best ticket to buy that I would get the best value for? Was gonna do UT ticket buy 2 day get 3 day free($302), but I just saw on universal site for Florida resident a coke deal buy 2 day get 2 day free for $245 +tax. Don't need 5 days, only four...so if I buy the 245 plus tax one will I still have to fork out another $100 to upgrade?? All these tickets are so confusing, last time I think I bought 2 day one day free but I got the value of a 3 day because I used it one day. Does this still work?TIA

The free tickets would not have a monetary value if you upgrade your tickets to an AP

Been calculating myself.... basically you want to initially buy a ticket with the biggest face value discount (not the promotional tickets) that doesn't exceed the AP price...your could get a refund if higher, but seems to be hit or miss.

For me looking at the 3 park/park-park tickets upgrading to AP, it seems the Undercover Tourist regular 5 day 3 park ticket @ $390.50, with Universal @436.65 for same ticket = $46.15 savings per ticket. Seasonal 3 Park AP is $430.25, so should be no cost, or possible $6 refund to upgrade to AP since should be credited the Universal price for the 5 day ticket. Could be better if find a site with better discount.

You will have different prices/options being Florida resident...but the theory should be the same, get the biggest discount vs Universal for same ticket first. The AP cost is fixed, so you will have to pay the difference of the Universal price for ticket you get.

I'm currently living with my parents in SC but I'm planning on moving to FL with my family towards the end of the year. I'm moving into a rental apartment which includes all utilities in the monthly rental, so I won't have any mortgage or utility bills to show for it. I also don't drive so I won't have a vehicle. What I will have, unfortunately, are credit card bills. According to the Disney website, "mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements", are acceptable proof. This list does not include credit card statements. Does anyone have experience with using credit card statements to prove FL residency?

Secondly, it seems like a good strategy here is to purchase discounted tickets and then apply the value towards an upgrade to an AP. Do the tickets have to align, or am I best off purchasing whichever tickets offer the biggest discount? Meaning, can I exchange 2 9-day tickets for 3 APs, or would I need to purchase 3 tickets of some sort in exchange for 3 APs?

Thanks!!

I understand you will not have a drivers lic, but you could get a FL state ID.

You are not going to have a bank account?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter