which universal resort should i choose?

cosmic ray

Earning My Ears
i've heard great things about hard rock hotel and portofino bay! i've never stayed at either & am planning my first trip to universal in july. is the hard rock hotel as loud as their restaurants?

would like feedback if possible.

my first post!

We have stayed at portofino many, many times...we love it...very quiet and relaxing.

We have walked through and eaten at the hard rock a couple of times...I told hubby I couldn't stay there..the constant music/noise would drive me crazy at night.

The Royal Pacific, however, we have decided we love even more than the Portofino!

webray.... just wondering why you liked the RPH better that PBH??? We stayed at PBH this summer and loved it... we are goin back again this summer.....thought maybe the HRH or RPH... thanks...amy

We have stayed at the HRH on two trips to UO. I tried to convince DH and DS that we should try PBH or RPR for our December trip, but they do not wish to switch. We all love the hotel, and their point was that HRH seems most conveniently located. The only thing that would convince my DH to switch would be a significant price difference. The entertainment rate was available for all 3 for the time in Dec that we are going and the HRH was only a bit more expensive than the RPR so back we will go.

Regarding the noise level at HRH. We have never heard the hotel music in our room, so sleeping is not a problem. The common areas can be a bit loud, especially if you do not care for the music. My (70+) mom came up to the HRH to visit me for my birthday in Aug. and we rented a cabana by the pool. I must say, we were a bit bothered by the volume and found out that individual speakers cannot be independently operated. For the most part, however, the music is not an issue.

Hi.. I have stayed at both the RPR and the HRH...

I liked them both but I liked the pool & rooms at HRH better.

I liked the lobby and restaurants at RPR better... so it's a toss up!

Next time I would like to try PBH...

You will not go wrong with any choice... decide what appeals to your tastes.. the californian mission, the south pacific or Italian Riviera....

Also consider your budget... usually RPR is the least expensive... any way you choose you will have a nice stay at these fine hotels.

>>^..^<<

I've stayed at RPR and loved it!!!!! Now I am trying Portofino and will post when I come back. And then I will try HRH of course!!!

We stayed at HRH for our first time in August and will be staying at RPR in October and PBH in December. I can't wait to try them all and be able to pick my favorite!! :p

I've stayed at all three this year! What is important to you and who is in your party? Also do you spend a lot of time in the parks or at the resort?

We stayed at the RPH and had the best service ! Everybody was friendly, the food was great. We really liked the atmosphere, too.

We're going to try HRH in January. I hope it measures up!

I have stayed at all three, with the most recent at RPR in July. I loved the RPR (I originally thought I would like this one least, but who knew!?!). Anyway, I thought the atmosphere was great, everyone was VERY pleasant and the Ent. Rate couldn't be beat. We liked it so much, we are going back in February. Unfortunately, it will be a lot more expensive in FEb. than July, but I don't care - it will be big fun. RPR is my new favorite!!!

I liked the HRH but loved the PBH. If I had to describe the 2 I would call the HRH as cooler and the PBH as warmer. We loved the piazza at the PBH at night. You can walk around get a gelato or a coffee, sit at an outside table and people watch, go to the shops its like you are visiting a little town instead of a hotel. The Deli there sells small botttles of champagne too. It's to get a small bottle, have a seat and relax...you forget you are in Orlando! The HRH is more hotel like and very contemporary. I would not call it loud... but music is the main theme. you can even hear music under the water in the pool! They have special speakers so you can hear music while you swim. One is high energy one is relaxed. I have not stayed at the Royal yet, but I prefer the PBH for the relaxed and town like feel.

i've stayed at HR and RP - Hard Rock was fabulous. I especially loved the pool area. The RP pool area was ok (especially with the kids I guess) but the HR pool has a more adult feel to it.

Now I can't decide if I want to rebook the HR or try the PB. Room pics I've seen of the PB don't look as good to me as the rooms at the Hard Rock.

Are these just faded pics or bad lighting??

The location of the HR is great - near everything.

IMHO, a deluxe poolview room at PBH is a nicer room than a poolview room at HRH. We had a terrace on our PBH room and the bathrooms are fabulous. Even though HRH is closer to the parks, it is my least favorite.

Just my two cents.

I wanted the RPH but it was not available in Early May 2004, so I took the HRH instead. PBH was too pricey. I just hope the room quality at the HRH is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter