Which week is Easter Week?

DVCDawn

Mouseketeer
Is Easter Week the week before Easter Sunday or the week after Easter Sunday? My family and I will be in Florida the week before Easter and are considering going to WDW for two days (one night) and I'm trying to judge just how crowded it will be.

Thanks,
DVCDawn ::MinnieMo

It just depends on your upbringing. We always referred to the week before Easter as Holy Week, and the week after as Easter Week.

I've never been to WDW at that time of the year, I'm sure someone will be helping you to guess the crowd levels.

Bobbi :flower:

If you are talking about DVC points or park attendance, both weeks (the week before Easter and the week after Easter) are peak season.

In my experience, both weeks are crowded. The weekdays the farthest away from Easter Sunday are probably the least crowded, but that's just a guess on my part. I don't remember - it's been awhile since we visited during that time.

Best wishes -

It will be really crowded during both weeks, but you can make it work by getting to the parks early and taking advantage of FastPass, EMH, etc. There have been several threads asking what week schools are out and it seems just about every school has some days off from the two weeks before Easter Sunday to the two weeks after. Our district has the first week of April off.

I was around for a conference a couple of years ago - flew in the day before Palm Sunday and went to the AK Sunday. Wasn't very crowded.

Then after the conference - went to MGM on Wed around 3pm. WoW! What a difference! It was mobbed. They had two Fantasmics that night and we went to the second one - even it was standing room only.

Just be prepared for both weeks to be busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter