Who booked a Hawaiian Cruise this morning?

hygienist999

DIS Veteran
We were able to book a room, 7100, on the 10-Night Hawaiian Cruise from Honolulu ending in Vancouver cruise this morning.
It was not an easy process. Disney's website must have had a tremendous amount of traffic. Everytime we checked a box to book a cabin it was not available. Finally we got a cabin, filled out all of the information and when we hit enter a round circle popped up and preceded to spin about 8 minutes. Then a screen telling us to book a cruise popped up. We thought it failed to go through and it wasn't showing up in our upcoming reservations. So, we tried to book another cabin. The price for the next cabin, same basic type, was $700 more. But every cabin we checked was unavailable. We refreshed and tried again, same thing happened but the cost of the cabins were now a total of $1400 more than the first cabin we booked. My husband threw his hands up and said he was done. One more time I checked our upcoming reservations and I was shocked to see the original cabin we booked that we didn't think went through was there.

So, thank goodness we were able to get a cabin, but it did not go smoothly. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I’ll be just down the hall from you!
I got on around 6:30am and things went smoothly...very little wait time between screens.
I was supposed to be on the Hawaii cruise that got cancelled this year so was happy to see I get a second chance in 2022!
:love:

What time do online bookings start? I asked elsewhere but since you booked online you must know? Thank you!

I’ll be just down the hall from you!
I got on around 6:30am and things went smoothly...very little wait time between screens.
I was supposed to be on the Hawaii cruise that got cancelled this year so was happy to see I get a second chance in 2022!
:love:
So glad things went smoothly for you. The cruises did not show up for us til 10 minutes after the opening time. We were also booked on the Hawaii cruise this past April that got canceled. So glad we both were able to book this one.

What time do online bookings start? I asked elsewhere but since you booked online you must know? Thank you!
Not sure exactly when they went live...I’ve seen a post on disboards with a time stamp of a quote before 6am. I got on around 6:25am just to see if it was up and it was!

Not sure exactly when they went live...I’ve seen a post on disboards with a time stamp of a quote before 6am. I got on around 6:25am just to see if it was up and it was!
We thought the time opened up at 8am eastern. We are Central so we signed on at 7am our time and the cruises did not show up til almost 10 minutes after 7am.

We logged on at 6:55 am CDT and everything was up and running, ready to take reservations. I did have a bit of difficulty finding an open cabin, when I did the application was a bit clunky (meaning it didn't hand off the pages very efficiently), and I was unable to book a second cabin for my son and his wife who are also platinum cruisers. This was probably my error as I don't normally book online, and my sign-on credentials only covered me. Fortunately, my wife had called in right at 7 am CDT and had a reservation agent on the line within 20 minutes (remarkable!) and we were able to book the stateroom for our son and his wife. I find the agents at DCL to be very helpful and was delighted we got the second stateroom (we were not going to go if we couldn't all go).

Thanks so much! I’ll try around 6 onwards.

Congrats, and still wish they did they did the round trip. I think ours was a 15 night and it was incredible. The sea days there and back were a lot of fun:)

Enjoy your cruise:)

If they do sell out, don't give up hope. The inaugural in 2012, the ship was full, but I checked many times a day for months and we were able to get an inside room and my mom was able to get a verandah when someone would cancel. Looking back on it I think it was under 5k for the inside room on deck 6 or 7 for the 15 nights, best cruise money ever spent.

I am Gold status so I cant book until tomorrow and I'm really hoping there are still rooms left...

I'm in the same boat (pun kind of intended). I was booked on the cancelled cruises earlier this year AND the 6/5 cruise will have my birthday fall during it, so I'm very eager to get anything on that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter