Who booked a Hawaiian Cruise this morning?

Nothing opened last night and nothing yet this morning. I don't want an interior since the Wonder doesn't have a magic porthole.

Nothing opened last night, just upgraded room selections were. If you haven't grabbed the cruise yet, book any category to lock in rates. The more u wait for your room category you wanted it will be at a higher rate. Im at a verandah now for the first leg and oceanview on the leg back.

Nothing opened last night, just upgraded room selections were. If you haven't grabbed the cruise yet, book any category to lock in rates. The more u wait for your room category you wanted it will be at a higher rate. Im at a verandah now for the first leg and oceanview on the leg back.
Does it matter though? If I book an interior now and a verandah later, I still have to pay the difference when I change rooms, at the current price for a verandah.

If u book interior, and later find verandah u pay the upgraded difference. You would pay the difference of what it would have been on that day if verandah was available. If you book when you find your category you pay whatever the current rate is at the moment.

If u book interior, and later find verandah u pay the upgraded difference. You would pay the difference of what it would have been on that day if verandah was available. If you book when you find your category you pay whatever the current rate is at the moment.

Is this true?? Can anyone validate? @PrincessShmoo

DCL's policy up until now has been that your pricing is locked in as of the day you book. I've taken advantage of this on several occasions. I saw a response to another post where someone indicated that they had confirmed with a CM that this policy hasn't changed.

I'm just wondering how much that actually matters in this case, except for those who booked on opening day for Platinum CC members. The fares jumped quite a bit in some cases from Platinum day to Gold day and then the cruises sold out. Prices usually go up as more and more people book, but very few people have been able to book since late on Gold booking day. It would be interesting to see prices for the categories that are now popping up on the web site from time to time.

All that said, I agree with the PP who said that it's probably best to go ahead and book and try to upgrade later.

DCL's policy up until now has been that your pricing is locked in as of the day you book. I've taken advantage of this on several occasions. I saw a response to another post where someone indicated that they had confirmed with a CM that this policy hasn't changed.

I'm just wondering how much that actually matters in this case, except for those who booked on opening day for Platinum CC members. The fares jumped quite a bit in some cases from Platinum day to Gold day and then the cruises sold out. Prices usually go up as more and more people book, but very few people have been able to book since late on Gold booking day. It would be interesting to see prices for the categories that are now popping up on the web site from time to time.

All that said, I agree with the PP who said that it's probably best to go ahead and book and try to upgrade later.
This was discussed on another thread a day or so ago, apparently this is correct. I've never done it myself so can't personally confirm, but it was a reliable source that commented about this subject.

Now, I am kicking myself for not booking when I did see the interior gty pop up!! Argh!!:headache:

Now, I am kicking myself for not booking when I did see the interior gty pop up!! Argh!!:headache:

Do it next time... its true (for now). I still see opening day booking prices if I look at changing categories for my Nov 2021 cruise, but if I price out a new reservation I see the much higher prices.

This is my advice for those who want to go on this cruise but havnt booked because that certain cat is not avail. If your main priority is simply being on the ship, grab what you can now. Most holds have expired by now but I would think within the next few days there’s still some movement in bookings. Then we will spend probably the next year in a silent period where people will just sit and wait on their reservations and wait out 2021 and Covid. . PIF date for this is I believe December 27, 2021. That’s when I would expect more movements with cancellations and availability.

Me personally I would like to know now if I am on this cruise or not so I have a good majority of 2021 to plan for the land and flight back.

I can only say that hundreds of people have been waiting since 2015 for DCL to sail HI again. So I don’t see many people booking this on a flim and waiting to cancel when summer 2022 itineraries come out if they find something better.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter