Who can tell us about POR pool closing?

disneytim

Always Going to Disney!
I had read that the pool is closing at POR in January.
We will be there for 4 nights.

What is the official word on it?

Thanks for your help.

The best thing you can do to get the latest word is to call the POR front desk and ask for "Muddy Rivers", which is the poolside bar at this resort. They will have the best info. for you, the front desk will know nothing. I did this last June or so, and they were very helpful.

They are putting in another slide and doing an overall refurb of the Old Man Island pool in January. Having been in January, it may not be warm enough to swim, anyway, so that is why that month was chosen... (it was supposed to have closed in late September).

Since you are staying at PO-R, note that there are also 4 quiet pools, and you can take the boat from PO-R to PO-FQ and use that pool. The kids love the Serpent slide there, anyway!

I'm bummed about the pool closing. We are going in January and I was looking forward to trying out this resort. The pool is a big draw to us and I wanted to be able to check it out:( Last year when we went in January it was 85 and sunny every day. I'm sure this year it will be freezing and we won't be able to swim. Now I'm looking at other options.

I just got back from POR. The main pool needs to be closed and refurbed!!! I was disappointed in the fact that they blocked off under the bridge. It made one large pool two smaller ones. We then went to our quiet pool. You could always go the one in the FQ.

We tried to swim the first week in March and nearly froze!! The bridge was closed off so you couldn't swim under it because it was rotting. They definately need to fix that pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter