• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who is going to Ireland? Which date? How many?

slg

DIS Veteran
I know there are quite a few of us, but how about we start a thread on the Irish Tours.

Which date? How many of you are going? I'll figure out the total number on disers on each tour. It might help us figure out which are the most popular and most likely to go...

If there are any lurkers, come join us! We can share questions, ideas, information.

I'll start: My family of 5, 2 adults 3 boys 13,10,8)

July 22 - 5 total - (2 adults, 3 children: boy13,boy10,boy8)

July 15 - 8 total - (4 adults, 4 children: girl18,girl13,boy16,boy11)

June 17 - 9 total (6 adults, 2 children:girl11,girl14,girl8)

June 13 - 2 adults

May 23 - 2 adults

June 17th
Me, DH, dd11 (turning 11 first day of tour), DD14:)

I know of one family not on the DIS --

June 17, 2 adults with 2 daughters, age 18 and 13.

Dotti

Dotti -thanks for sharing this!
If the 13 y.o. wants to email my DD (who is 13 now -but will be 14 on the trip)
Let me know and I will PM you my dds email.

Oops... scratch that. I've been juggling a few reservations. This family ended up moving to the July 15 trip instead! (Sorry, Clarabelle!)

Dotti

I'm editing the first post so that it stays current. I hope that more folks will join us. I'd love for us to all meet at least one other family going on our tours!

Well, I just called and made final payment today on the May 23-May 30 tour.

I asked if the number of guests was high enough to keep the tour a definite 'go'. He was very non-committal in his reply: "It is still scheduled ma'am." He gave me a truthful answer but not the definite one I wanted to hear. ;)
I won't believe it's a 'go' until we are on the plane to Dublin.
We're going with or without Disney! :goodvibes I don't mind giving my money to anyone that will provide me with the services I want. :upsidedow

What's wrong with ABD? I think that very few people are going to book in the next few weeks. Why can't they say yes or no? If there aren't enough folks now they should cancel and let everyone get on with their vacation planning. Perhaps they are waiting for the final payment deadline. I would breathe easier after that point if I were you.

I am so disappointed in this entire process...I hope that your tour goes through,but I also hope that all of us express our dissatisfaction with the evasive answers we are getting from ABD. If there is still a danger of canceling, please tell me. I have a vested interest in my vacation and should be told the truth!

What's wrong with ABD? I think that very few people are going to book in the next few weeks. Why can't they say yes or no? If there aren't enough folks now they should cancel and let everyone get on with their vacation planning. Perhaps they are waiting for the final payment deadline. I would breathe easier after that point if I were you.

I'm not sure that's true in regards to people booking. I'm just one TA out of thousands and I booked two families on AbD trips in the past two weeks. Monday was a big booking day in the AbD office as well -- maybe because folks were home for the holiday and making plans. And remember it's tax season -- a lot of people use that refund for something fun. This is always a very busy time for bookings of all kinds, but I'm finding it even busier this year. People are cutting back on a lot but don't want to give up family time.

Of course, many people may also get hit harder than expected with taxes, or no longer have a job a all, so I can see why AbD would wait until final payment time. I can't see any way they can even guess how many will pay and how many will cancel. There are six of us going. If my husband lost his job right now (and who knows?), I'd have to rethink some of my 2009 vacation plans. There could be another family of six (or eight or ten) in the same boat and having them back out would make a huge impact on their tour date.

Just giving another perspective on why AbD may be reluctant to say the word "definite" right now.

Dotti

Just giving another perspective on why AbD may be reluctant to say the word "definite" right now.

Dotti

And it's always appreciated Dotti. I keep thinking if this forum didn't exist some of us would be totally oblivious to the cancellations and we wouldn't be in such a dither. Que sera, sera. ;)

Thanks Dotti. That makes sense to me, but I believe that after the final payment, ABD should be able to stay definitively if the tour is going ahead. I would be much more relaxed if I knew that 90 days out it was still a go!

Ah well. Must keep my fingers crossed.

I hope you all make your trips - our ABD Emerald Isle trip was by far the best vacation DH and I have ever been on - wish we were going with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter