Who is your favorite famous bearer of your first name?

The Vitaphone Queen

Eclipsing the sun in splendor
Just what the subject line says. It can be a real-life person (or animal, I guess), or a fictional character. Anything goes.

For me, it's a tie between Emma Morano and Queen Emma of Hawaii. I like Emma Thompson, Emma Watson, and Emma Roberts too. :flower1: Even Emma Emerson from Hasbro's Secret Central doll line from 2003. :P

Me of course. And I can't tell you my name because I'd be absolutely swamped with autograph requests and the like. You know how it is.

Oh, wow, interesting people.

Dawn Langley Simmons was born male and had (what was then called sex reassignment, now called gender reassignment) surgery in 1968! But that isn't all the controversy. She was way ahead of her time! She was the first person to legally interracially marry in South Carolina.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_Langley_Simmons

What a fascinating person!

The only one I can even think of is Kristy McNichol. Oh, and Kristy Swanson.

No one famous comes to mind with my name. Well, I can think of a few but no one that I'm a big fan of. It's a biblical name.

Not that my parents are overly religious. My parents say they just liked the name I was given. I suspect though mom's step grandfather who had a variation on my given name, played a roll.

I don't know of any famous person with my first name. I'll have to look it up...ok, I can't find any quickly, except some youtuber who doesn't really seem my type of person.

The most famous Aaron is the Aaron of the Bible, the brother of Moses. He is treated as a hero in Sunday School class because of the help he gave Moses, even though he led the Israelites into committing a grave sin against their god (creating the Golden Calf). You take the good with the bad, I guess.

Contemporary Aarons that I know of are mostly entertainment-industry people that I care little about. Aaron Paul, Aaron Sorkin, etc.

I've never liked my name but I guess it could be worse because my mom said if I was a boy I my name would have been Carroll. Famous people would be Nancy Reagan or Nancy Pelosi but my favorite is Miss Nancy from Romper Room. When I go places and have to give my name for an order like Starbucks they always screw up Nancy so now I give them Sam.

The only one I can think of is Mrs. Munster, Yvonne deCarlo. She was the lead actress in the movie my parents went to see after they found out my Mom was pregnant.

tie...

Frank Sinatra
Frank Robinson

No contemporaries though as the name has faded in popularity over the decades.

In fiction:

Frank McCloud (Humphrey Bogart in Key Largo)
Frank Martin (Jason Statham in The Transporter)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter