Who likes the original Soarin'?

Yes! I really prefer this version, but my daughter wasn't tall enough to ride it until it was the World version.

Soarin’ Over California Returns to Disney California Adventure Park this June for a Limited Time

The epic, aerial adventure Soarin’ Over California returns to Disney California Adventure park! From June 1 to 30, this beloved attraction is coming back for a limited time this summer.

Take flight and enjoy a bird’s-eye view over California. This virtual tour celebrates the beauty and wonder of the Golden State—from San Francisco’s iconic Golden Gate Bridge to the crashing waves in Malibu. You will be raised high into the air, and surrounded by an immersive, 80-foot projection dome to simulate the graceful motion of flight, while your senses will be teased with iconic scents found throughout California.

Originally opened in 2001, Soarin’ Over California became a fan-favorite attraction. In 2016, the attraction became Soarin’ Around the World, taking you over the many wonders of the world—from the majestic Swiss Alps to the Great Wall of China.

The return of Soarin’ Over California adds to the exciting offerings available at Disney California Adventure park this June. Check out the behind-the-scenes peek of “Tale of the Lion King,” which debuts on June 7.

Of course this would happen the year I’m skipping going to DLR. I love this version!! Hopefully they’ll get an overwhelming response and decide to bring it back permanently!

I like that it was different than the one in WDW, though I like them both. Bummed we will miss it summer.

I was so happy when I saw this! I love Soarin' over CA, it's so much better than around the world and is actually view-able from areas other than the center. I really wish they would bring it back permanently or fix around the world to eliminate the god awful bending.

For the record, I like them both. With Digital projection, I don't see why they couldn't swap them out from time to time.

They totally can. When they did the change to World, there was speculation that they would run one side as CA and one side as World but that didn't materialize (and probably wouldn't actually work very well without queue changes). Other than the ride film they'd have to swap out the smells and the pre-board reel but that doesn't seem that complicated?

I'm super excited this version is back and I'll be able to see it!

I was so happy when I saw this! I love Soarin' over CA, it's so much better than around the world and is actually view-able from areas other than the center. I really wish they would bring it back permanently or fix around the world to eliminate the god awful bending.
So does it not matter where you sit for the California version or would you still recommend waiting for the middle section?

So does it not matter where you sit for the California version or would you still recommend waiting for the middle section?

Center is always best but the CA movie doesn't have as many things that look as bad distorted (like the Eiffel Tower) from other viewpoints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter