Who likes the original Soarin'?

So does it not matter where you sit for the California version or would you still recommend waiting for the middle section?

Like someone said above, the middle will always be the best but I don't think it is essential for the CA version like it was for around the world.

I think I'll sadly miss this, but I like the idea of Soarin' over the World, I just think it was executed poorly.

They totally can. When they did the change to World, there was speculation that they would run one side as CA and one side as World but that didn't materialize (and probably wouldn't actually work very well without queue changes). Other than the ride film they'd have to swap out the smells and the pre-board reel but that doesn't seem that complicated?

I'm super excited this version is back and I'll be able to see it!

The movement would be different too, which is a huge thing. The dips and turns would be different for each film.

Yea it seems like almost everyone likes the original better. I’m one who likes both versions, but it’s been so long since I’ve seen the California one so I’m super excited to ride it again. I think it might be cool to permanently keep it California in DCA while using Soarin over the world in Epcot. It just fits thematically in both respective parks and it adds some differentiation. Disney already is copying and pasting too many rides from one park to another. I know it’s just a dream they do this but hey until they switch it back to the world version in DCA you never know.

Anyway again I’m happy with both versions. Soarin is always just a nice way to relax and take in some great scenic views (even if some of those views are a bit distorted)

DCA should get an updated California version and WDW should have the world version.

Oh please no! We don’t even ride Soarin’ at Epcot anymore - not only are the images distorted, it’s BORING! We loved flying over the California locations no matter how many times we saw them, but we’ve seen film and photographs of the pyramids, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower and the other well-known (much too familiar) sights so many times that now Soarin’ isn’t worth the wait to us. Bring back Soarin’ over California to Epcot too! Or make a new film for Epcot that soars over little-known or rarely seen locations in the countries represented in Epcot. Don’t keep showing us sights we’ve seen a jillion times!

I think I'll sadly miss this, but I like the idea of Soarin' over the World, I just think it was executed poorly.

The movement would be different too, which is a huge thing. The dips and turns would be different for each film.

Good point. Though I am sure that's just a different program they load in the ride's computer...I wonder if the dips and turns really are different or if they reverse engineered the second movie to fit the same ride movements (which aren't that big anyway- they just make good use of the cinematography to help trick your brain).

...Is coming back to DL in June. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ted-time/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q3wo0523190529190001C

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring it back to Epcot!!!!

YES, YES, YES!!!!

We don't even ride Soarin' anymore - distortion aside, how many times do we need to see the pyramids, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, etc.? If they had picked lesser-known sights, particularly in the countries represented in Epcot, it would be different, but the current film isn't worth the time it takes to see it. I never grew tired of Soarin' over California, even riding it several times the same trip.

DCA should get an updated California version and WDW should have the world version.

Perfect! Sorarin' should be about California. (The park is Disney CALIFORNIA Adventure). Disney suits, embrace CA again. This is the birthplace of Disneyland, so, it is okay to have rides, attractions that are made just for DLR. Label everything Disneyland or Disney California Adventure because if nothing else, you will sell even more items than you do now with just Disney Parks logo.

Wow! I didn't see that coming.

My guess is after 30 days they say "the people have spoken". I hope so!

We can hope. I'd love to see the CA version this summer, but our trip isn't until August. I don't dislike the World version, but there was just something more magical about the CA version. Soarin isn't one of my favorites though. I know a lot of people really miss the original. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll keep it through the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter