Who might be planning to go “opening day?”

It depends on what day if the week it is and if I can get a reservation or not. If it is a weekday, it will be the Saturday after, as I still have to work.

But I will also say I am a local that lives about 20 minutes away, so if I go and it is too crowded, I can always turn around and leave after entering the gates with no really issue for me. Heck, 8 have gone, had dinner and left because of how crowded it was before all of this.

But I think in all reality there won't be a huge crowd because of the limited capacity and reservations being required for anyone. And for me, having seen the video from Shanghai about the measures in place, aside from having to wear a mask, it looks like it could very well be the most enjoyable trip ever. Although, I would like character meet and greets as they were previously, but still not bad.

Considering how rarely I watch the parades and fireworks shows normally, not having them won't really bother me.

I'm not even going to consider going until I 1) hear from those who have gone what the experience is like, what's open, etc and 2) Haunted Mansion, normal version, is up and operating again, fresh and finished from refurb.

Those are my minimum conditions.

Let's keep the tone non-argumentative, folks! This is supposed to be a friendly discussion, not a debate. Keep your posts respectful and courteous, please. It is possible to disagree without being rude.
Now, who's going to be there or not??

Expecting there will be some sort of reservation system, I will be there - masks & all - on the first day I can get in. It won’t matter to me if there are limited experiences to some degree - I’d be in the Happiest Place on Earth!

I am in that camp to....does this means we have to practice social distancing. :rolleyes1

Something tells me that the people who go the first few weeks/months aren't the people that will be hard-up on social distancing. People will go through the motions, but the sticklers will probably still be at home because they think it's "too soon."

Like a few others on this thread, I live within driving distance, and would LOVE to be there opening day! Remains to be seen how difficult it'll be to get a reservation. Judging by the comments here, and the sentiment I feel in my community, a lot of people will want to go.

We already have a DL/San Diego trip booked for August that I’m hanging onto with a thread of hope. Whether we go or not will depend on how restrictions look and travel logistics because we’re in BC, Canada. If they’re even open yet...Next plan will be to reschedule to spring break.

Hey all,

let’s keep on topic. I will close or delete this post I created if i feel it’s gets too off topic.

I am planning a solo trip on opening or shortly after. Maybe this could be a place to talk about those plans. Maybe we can talk about the things we are looking forward to That won’t be effected by any new guidelines?

I think sitting outside at lamplight enjoying incredicoaster go by.
Listening to the sounds in galexys edge.
the laughing on the rides.

There’s a speculation thread hiding over on the community board- join the conversation over there for those veering off track. 😊

Maybe we can talk about the things we are looking forward to That won’t be effected by any new guidelines?

I think sitting outside at lamplight enjoying incredicoaster go by.
Listening to the sounds in galexys edge.
the laughing on the rides.

Love this. I need some positivity.

Being from Germany it is a long way, but if we are allowed to fly international and I can arrange somehow, I will come. I think the first day (s) will be soooo full of positive attitude. I start crying just thinking about walking down Main street....

I think opening day will be far more realistic for locals or people who can drive. I almost think flying is going to be more of a trying endeavor than the park could ever be. And coming from a Canadian, we're all thinking it'll be months before the border is reopened...so I won't be there anytime soon... :(

I will seriously consider it depending on the date and logistics. Like a PP, I am also in the 6-8hr drive distance so short term planning is doable. I have decided, in the past, on a Friday at 3pm to go to the parks and been there for RD the next morning so as long as I can get some kind of lodging I'm good...we do have family we could stay with who are about 45 min away but they are high risk and I don't think I would want to risk indirectly exposing them.

I know my girls are also itching to go and would kill me if I didn't bring them so it might depend on what's happening with school too. Thankfully they are old enough to be able to deal with masks since I think its a pretty safe bet they will be required.

If DL remains closed until after widespread deployment of a vaccine, I'll definitely try to be there on opening day. If not, I'll wait until Disney can prove that they can operate the parks safely without spreading the virus. For me a good start would be seeking them keep Shanghai open for at least four months without having to close again due to being a hotspot. Given that bars and restaurants in South Korea couldn't even make it two months without having to close again, I'm hopeful but not optimistic that Disney can keep going on their current path.

We're in the "depends on when it is" camp. Before our already-planned September trip? Nope, we'll just wait for September.

After our trip is scheduled? It's quite possible!

Probably not opening day, but if it opens during the summer while I'm off (I'm a teacher), it'll be very tempting... We have family in the area we can stay with, so we could easily do a quick one or two day trip. If it's after summer, we will wait until Thanksgiving break week at least.

I just want to be in the atmosphere. At the top of my list are getting some Dole Whip and pineapple lumpia at Tropical Hideaway, walking down Main Street, visiting Fantasyland. Also riding GOTG because I love that ride so much and I laugh the entire time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!