Whoa -- this woman did all of DL in one day!

Wow! I have always wondered if this was possible. I didn't click the story but was this a day where nothing was closed for refurbishment? Because, right now, it would be super easy to do everything in one day...

Edit: Okay this was last Sunday. Yeah, a LOT is closed and shows are dark.

I honestly can't even imagine how that's possible. Just the breakdown factor on BTMRR, Indy, SpM, and Matterhorn alone would keep you from accomplishing that goal. You'd have to be unbelievably lucky.

She had a disability card from a broken ankle(from the previous year), and some rides were closed for refurbishment. Probably helped A LOT.

Does anyone else take issue that she can speed walk thru DL, but received a DAS from a prior injury? I'm trying to figure out how to give her the benefit of the doubt that somehow this is logical and not unethical, but I can't come up with any logical reasoning. Help?

Yeah, it's kinda cheating.

Does anyone else take issue that she can speed walk thru DL, but received a DAS from a prior injury? I'm trying to figure out how to give her the benefit of the doubt that somehow this is logical and not unethical, but I can't come up with any logical reasoning. Help?

I thought the exact thing! I have a child that likely qualifies for DAS (we have never gotten one before) and I am on the fence about requesting one because I would like to see how it goes without, but somehow, a one year old ankle injury gets a speedwalking woman a pass??

I thought the exact thing! I have a child that likely qualifies for DAS (we have never gotten one before) and I am on the fence about requesting one because I would like to see how it goes without, but somehow, a one year old ankle injury gets a speedwalking woman a pass??
If you're wanting to give the benefit of the doubt, keep in mind it could have been late 2017 that she suffered the broken ankle. Technically, the injury could be less than two months old.

If you're not wanting to give the benefit of the doubt, by all means, grab the pitchforks. :) I think she probably stretched it a bit.

If you're wanting to give the benefit of the doubt, keep in mind it could have been late 2017 that she suffered the broken ankle. Technically, the injury could be less than two months old.

If you're not wanting to give the benefit of the doubt, by all means, grab the pitchforks. :) I think she probably stretched it a bit.

While I'm definitely not to the point of grabbing a pitchfork :), whether the injury was early 2017, late 2017, or anywhere in between, if she is able to speed walk and dodge and weave between the crowds (or however it was worded), I don't believe she qualified for using DAS.

Options like this tend to disappear when they are taken advantage of, and I would hate for that to happen with this one. There are rides we skip because my son can't deal with the line, but even if we never go the DAS route, I know there are many people who use it and it is necessary for them in order to enjoy the parks. It would be a shame for them and their experience to be affected by other people's misuse.

ETA: I also thought I had read that DAS wasn't supposed to be used for physical issues that could be resolved with the use of a wheelchair, etc?

Last edited:
I think it's a cool concept, but I do think she's being a bit misleading. She did everything that was open when she was there, which is quite different from doing "everything."

Kind of reminds me of how Kenny the Pirate did the Disneyland Resort Challenge in December. They skipped the shows and characters (I think), but managed to do most (all?) of the attractions.

I think it's a cool concept, but I do think she's being a bit misleading. She did everything that was open when she was there, which is quite different from doing "everything."

Kind of reminds me of how Kenny the Pirate did the Disneyland Resort Challenge in December. They skipped the shows and characters (I think), but managed to do most (all?) of the attractions.
Yeah, they decided to do everything that moved. So that included all of the boats (Mark Twain, Columbia, canoes, Tom Sawyer raft), and one of the Main Street Vehicles.

She had a disability card from a broken ankle(from the previous year), and some rides were closed for refurbishment. Probably helped A LOT.
That would be a mobility issue and would not qualify for a DAS, they would tell her to rent a wheelchair/ECV.

It definitely would be possible to do every available attraction in the parks under the following conditions:
  • It is an off peak day with low crowds
  • You have MaxPass and use it to the fullest extent possible
  • You focus solely on attractions, skipping characters and shows
  • You bring food with you so you don't have to wait in line for food
Notice what is not on the list? A DAS and that is because it really wouldn't help this situation, while you technically could do another attraction while waiting for your return time to be valid, you have to walk back and forth to the kiosks to get return times and when you return, you often have to wait an additional amount of time, so in the end you usually end up waiting about 25% longer than the standby queue. For those that truly need the service this is a small price to pay, but it would make something like trying to do every attraction in the park a lot more difficult, not easier.

And bring on the next DAS crackdown. Due to her previous ankle injury she qualifies for a DAS? That's blatantly against Disneyland's current policy. If your issue can be solved by using a wheelchair (i.e. can't stand, but can walk- or SPEEDWALK as this injured lady could) you do not qualify for the DAS. CM screwed up issuing it if that is actually the reason she stated when getting it.

Story would have been so much better if not for that part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter