Whoa -- this woman did all of DL in one day!

I actually did get my pitchfork ready once I got to her using the DAS for a "broken ankle". It obviously did not bother her if she was "dodging and weaving" around other guests.

You read of people renting themselves and their DAS. Or you read something like this story where she seems so proud of herself for taking advantage of a service meant to help people. Disney keeps updating their system trying to keep scammers like her from misusing this privilege.

Sorry, I might be overreacting but I would give anything for us to not need the DAS.

...Sorry, I might be overreacting but I would give anything for us to not need the DAS.
I would too, so I think my reaction is in the same boat. I do love the idea of trying to do all of DL in one day, just not the execution. Thankfully the new system is not nearly as advantageous as the old one, and can be a bit time consuming actually all the walking to the umbrellas, so I shall put my pitchfork back down.

There is doing something like this and keeping quiet about it, and then there is posting it in an online article. Once you do the latter then you are fair game for people to react as they wish - and from what we see the reaction is not favorable.

At first I thought she was only referencing the "speedwalking" as in her attempt to use a system to get as much done in the park as possible similar to beating a video game in the quickest straight line format possible - but it does sound like she was quite literally walking at a very fast pace throughout the park and to do so would disqualify someone from any form of support offered by Disney. I guess one could say that using a DAS, if it did allow her to get more done than she otherwise would be able to, would be like finding a glitch in a game and using that to your advantage.

But this is a part of human nature - people cheat - I know of someone who has a handicapped pass due to an old injury and they use it to park in the handicapped spot when they go skiing - tell me that doesn't deserve a wrong stamp? The sad reality is, the type of person who abuses these type of privileges tend to not care when called on it - they simply go through life taking full advantage of everything they can and sleep quite well regardless.

Not that I am excusing what this woman apparently did, and not that I think she didn't absolutely abuse the system, but I wanted to share that my friend has a DAS due to a social anxiety issue that is totally unrelated to her mobility. She would have no problem speed walking but she definitely needs the DAS for certain rides. She also has a service dog but I actually don't think she has brought him to the parks.

Not that I am excusing what this woman apparently did, and not that I think she didn't absolutely abuse the system, but I wanted to share that my friend has a DAS due to a social anxiety issue that is totally unrelated to her mobility. She would have no problem speed walking but she definitely needs the DAS for certain rides. She also has a service dog but I actually don't think she has brought him to the parks.
I would have no problem if she had (and actually needed) the DAS and used it for this challenge. Heck, I think DD would love it if we tried such a game!
The person said she got the pass for her ankle and then goes to say she was speedwalking, dodging and weaving around other guests. Like using a handicap parking tag after it is no longer needed just cause you have it. Not sure how she would get a pass for mobility issues anyway since the DAS is not meant for that.

Micechat has their sort-of-annual Gumball Rally, which is a competition to do as much as possible. They have solid rules and generally have watchers (I was one). Looks like they just had theirs in early February. Someday I want to do it again, as a participant this time.

It seems very possible... I visit DLR ever other Friday and they have been some Fridays when the crowd is low and I'm at rope drop and finish 10 or 11 rides before noon and I'm not speed-running or using any fastpasses for any of the rides. As an AP holder I never thought to rush/run to complete all the rides in a single visit because I can always come back later but good for her.

Micechat has their sort-of-annual Gumball Rally, which is a competition to do as much as possible. They have solid rules and generally have watchers (I was one). Looks like they just had theirs in early February. Someday I want to do it again, as a participant this time.
I always get the announcement for the gumball and would love to do it too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter