Whoa, whoa, whoa, No Diet Coke on the Dream?

Good thing we are sailing concierge on our Dream cruise in 3 weeks if this is the case.

I was surprised to see some of the drink stations inside Cabanas had Sprite Zero - but regular Sprite was at the drink stations by the pool deck. Maybe poke around and you'll find some?

I would assume that it's a supply chain problem. I can't imagine them dropping (or being allowed to drop) Diet Coke from the fountains.

OMG........ DCL has the best diet coke in the world in the MDRs. No way they can get rid of it in dining rooms, I will be so sad.

Coke zero sugar tastes exactly the same to me.

This makes me so happy. I'm a Sprite Zero and Coke Zero person, can't stand Diet Coke. Although i wish they could offer all three.

I have to agree that it is likely a supply problem. I can't imagine them doing away with Diet Coke. If they did, I'd have to bring another roller bag carry on just to handle my Diet Coke supply to feed my addiction.

Well, sort of "replaced"....they're just changing the name. It's always been zero sugar. The powers that be at Coke felt it wasn't obvious enough that "zero" meant "zero sugar".

A little more than a name change. They did tweak the recipe somewhat (see below from Coke's website). A friend who had an early taste of it said it tastes more like "real" Coke than before.

'Like Coke Zero, Coke Zero Sugar is sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame K. We only tweaked the blend of natural flavors, which are proprietary to Coca-Cola, so the ingredient list on the Nutrition Facts Panel on cans and bottles is the same.'

What is the difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke? I'm glad someone said something about the name change. If I saw something called Coke Zero sugar I might have thought it was Coke Zero + sugar lol.

Coke Zero is formulated to taste more like regular Coke. Diet Coke tastes less sweet. I can't stand drinking either regular Coke or Coke Zero, both are just too sweet for me.

And to me that's funny, because I find Diet Coke to be cloyingly, artificially oversweet. It's just like drinking syrup to me, while original Coke Zero has that bite I've come to expect from Coke Classic.

Not that I drink any of the artificially sweetened drinks anymore. They literally turn my stomach so I had to stop taking in any kind of artificial sweeteners.

Coke Zero is formulated to taste more like regular Coke. Diet Coke tastes less sweet. I can't stand drinking either regular Coke or Coke Zero, both are just too sweet for me.
Thanks. I usually add a ton of ice and I've had Coke Zero and Diet Coke but never really noticed the difference but I would probably fail the Coke vs Pepsi test too lol. I thought it was something to do with caffeine all this time lol

What is the difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke? I'm glad someone said something about the name change. If I saw something called Coke Zero sugar I might have thought it was Coke Zero + sugar lol.

And to me that's funny, because I find Diet Coke to be cloyingly, artificially oversweet. It's just like drinking syrup to me, while original Coke Zero has that bite I've come to expect from Coke Classic.

Not that I drink any of the artificially sweetened drinks anymore. They literally turn my stomach so I had to stop taking in any kind of artificial sweeteners.

Funny how everyone's preferences are so different. I honestly drink it "Just for the taste of it" (who's old enough to remember that jingle?) Regular Coke is so syrupy to me, like cough syrup almost.

Crisis averted, BTW, my daughter found it for me at the 6th beverage station we checked, port side only by the mickey pool (not starboard or Cabanas? )

Is this a new change? We can only find Coke Zero?
Is Diet Coke really gone from the Dream? When I was on the Dream 6 weeks ago it was only available at the starboard side refill stations on deck 9 and on about half of the stations in Cabanas, but it was still available. Please tell me it's still there somewhere?

ETA: Just saw your most recent post Cackyschmackers. Glad it's still there. I was getting worried!!

Good thing we are sailing concierge on our Dream cruise in 3 weeks if this is the case.

Does Concierge have it all the time? My wife's favorite "adult beverage" includes Diet Coke - will this be an issue at the bars, etc? I sure hope they have Ginger Ale...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!