Whole Foods for Health Reasons Revisited + Elimination Diet Challenge (Comments Welco

I am feeling better and I've lost about 15 pounds (depending on when I weigh myself). I've been eating chicken, fish, and (a couple of times) hamburger. Grains are rice and quinoa. Fruits and veggies other than nightshades and some fruits prone to mold like strawberries. I'm avoiding organic as I've been told they're more of a risk for me (go figure).

My mornings have been a smoothie made using water or coconut milk, chia seeds, rice protein powder, and some combination of fruit, sometimes with spinach

I had an unexpected reaction to kiwi. I ate one and my mouth was burning and itching. I had to dig in my cabinet and find an old bottle of liquid benedryl, which I swished in my mouth and felt better.

I looked up some information and found that there's cross reactions with yeast, gluten, corn, soy, coffee, and dairy (casien). So I'm just going to avoid them for a while and test them when I feel up to it. I'm just feeling so much better to mess with things right now.

I'm going on a NY state trip in a few weeks and I'm really nervous about what I'll be able to eat. I'm going to bring my own olive oil and eat salads a lot I think. Hopefully I'll be able to find some simple non-marinated or breaded meat.

I don't know how many of you are reading this and following me, but comments are definitely welcome. I should probably go through this with my doctor, but I've already spent about $1000 on my knee this year. And I'm worried she'll just look at me like I'm nuts. :)

Wow, you poor thing, all those food allergies. I know it takes time but your on the right track. Remember it's the turtle who wins the race! :wave2:

Hi Minerva Mouse! I just read your journal and I wish you luck! I'll probably post something on you thread after this :)

Last night I went out with a friend. We ate at Chipotle and saw a movie. I think I did OK. I know they're food is cooked with soybean oil, but I took the risk. I got a bowl with brown rice, the pork ( carnitas?), guac, black beans and lettuce. An odd mix but the other veggies had peppers or tomatoes. I drank water with lemons. At the theater I got water (while my friend ate m&m's :) )

I've leveled off around 185-187, but that's OK. I haven't started exercising much besides lite walking. I wanted to let myself heal a little bit. We set up a pool in our backyard again. It's a 24' wide 5' deep intex and its great. I just need to get temps above 80s now. I don't think we broke 70 yesterday. This summer has been so weird. Last year around thus time it was over 100 degrees.

I've got 3 parties to go to in the next 4 days. I think the only way I'll survive is to bring my own food & water. Wish me luck!

Well, I've been pretty good. I haven't been able to do any true tests, but I've snuck a few things on here and there that I figured would be OK. I managed my 4th of July series of parties very well and didnt cheat. The fact I felt so awful eating the other stuff has really helped stay on track.

Next week is my trip. I figure things are going to be rough. There's no way to make sure that my elimination foods stay out. So my plan is making a good faith effort. Then restart the elimination phase for 10 days when I get back. I'm going to concentrate on keeping out bread and breaded meat, tomatoes, eggs, and yeasty/fermented things. I'll try to stick to grilled meat and veggies, plain rice, and salads with olive oil & lemon.

I did get down to 184 this week. That's the lowest I've been in over 10 years. Yeah! That's wild when I think about it...

On our trip and did pretty well the first day or so. I was able to make my smoothie and had chopped steak and salad. But then I got stranded at Niagara Falls with no options in 90+ degree heat. It was after 2 pm so I was stranded. And it was so busy! I couldn't believe how busy it was for a Monday. Also there's very little shade. Then we drove for about 3 hours (after driving an hour and a half earlier that day) before getting to our next city and hotel. We got in around 8 and I couldn't face going out so grabbed some grab and go on their pantry. Yumm! So I will try to get back. We're near a grocery and I saw some things in the pantry here I could use for a smoothie in a pinch. After this trip, split stays in Disney will seem like nothing!

Not sure how I did it, but I didn't gain any weight. I started good, and found less and less options as time went on. My moms 85+ cousins just didnt understand. They kept saying "the potato salad is really good" and "are you sure you don't want ice cream." :) They were sweet. The things I avoided no matter what were bread, yeast, anything fermented, tomato and eggs. (Except that night I was stranded with only pizza.)

It's tough getting back into the swing of things. I'm out of supplies and need to make a grocery run...

Well, I'm at 183. I have been less than stellar in my food choices, but maybe trying to avoid allergens in my food for a while has helped stabilize my immune system. And maybe the short heat wave we had killed out some environmental mold as well?? Anyway, why is it always harder to get back to something than it is to start it in the first place? I find myself sneaking little off limits foods since I got back. A soda here, a cup of coffee there. Just a little bite of bread or chocolate. I'm also surprised I've been able to loose weight without getting back into an exercise plan. That's my goal this week; I think I could get into the 170s for the first time in over 10 years if I could just motivate myself...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter