• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's dream vacation is it?!!?

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
Friends just got back from WDW with their 5 yr. old & 2 1/2 yr. old. They said they ended up leaving the world a day early because their children were crabby & just wanted to swim.

Mom said she thinks she was more excited than the kids. I think sometimes that is the case. She said she felt like they spent so much money on tickets & they wanted to get their money's worth.

I guess my tip is just to relax, enjoy it, don't over do it & don't worry about the value. To me you can't put a $ value on the memories of a good vacation. It can't be so great when you decide to leave the happiest place on earth.

Mega-double dittos, Melsmice! I cannot begin to count the number of small children I observed being dragged through the parks -- poor kids were crabby, tired, hot, sore feet, etc. I often overheard them say something like why can't we just go back to the pool and swim.

In all the excitement about Disney, it's easy to forget that "little people" can be easily overwhelmed by all the magic. While walking for miles may be a snap for an adult, it can be a major challenge for a child. Sometimes we all need a break from the excitement.

We're making sure that our kids have input in the planning and where we will spend the day. We plan on resting in the afternnon back at the resort, so noone gets crabby, except for mom, who might need her shopping fix :D

I couldn't stand it when kids would ask for a turn in the stroller and parents thought they were to "old to ride" in the stroller,but you could tell the kids feet were ready to drop off!!

Melsmice I totally agree with you when you say relax and enjoy it. My mom and I took my DS (almost 4yo) to Disney in March. This was my DS first trip and I really wanted him to enjoy it. We went at his pace and we had a great time! This was by far the best trip I have ever had to the world and we never even made it to FrontierLand in MK! I made sure we saw the things my DS wanted to see (Buzz Ride, meet Tigger and Pooh, Playhouse Disney) but other than that we just took everything in stride. When my DS asked to go back to CSR to play in the arcade, that is what we did. It was a really nice and relaxing trip to Disney. The way I look at it, if we don't see something on one trip just another reason to go back.

MNT568 - When my kids get bummed out because they miss something I tell them the exact same thing, "missing something gives us another reason to come back".

We have such a great time when we go to the world & I think it is because we look at WDW as a resort to relax at, not amusement parks.

That's my biggest pet peeve. Those poor kids. I cringe every time I hear, "We've paid a lot of money for this trip and you better start enjoying yourselves."

The last time we went in May 2000 it was so unbelievably hot. In 8 days we never made it to MGM and only spent 2 hours at AK and very little time at Epcot. We spent endless hours in the squirting sidewalks, especially the one at DD. We were in the pools for 3+ hours every day and EVERYONE took naps.

When we got home I was initially disappointed thinking about how little we did, then I realized how much more relaxed we were then normal. Then I started realizing how many special moments we had that we normally can't have when we're rushing from ride to ride and constantly whining.

It really made us appreciate the little things in Disney and now we all understand the "MAGIC".

We just got back from 8 days at DW. We all had a great time and only went to the parks 4 days. The rest of the time we spent swimming, exploring our hotel and playing in the arcade. The kids (5 and 7) didn't get too crabby and neither did we. We didn't get to see everything, but as many of you have said, it gives us a reason to go back soon!

This is so true!!

Before my DH and I had our DD we would go to WDW and get up to be there when the parks opened and did not leave until the park closed. We would park hop until we closed the park that was open the latest - then sometimes we would go to DD.

Times have changed and we LOVE it. We have been to WDW a couple of times since DD was born and we relax now. We go back to the hotel and we ALL take a nap and get up refreshed and we even enjoy our time together in the pool. DD loves the water and it is just so nice to be able to relax and enjoy each others company, afterall, that is the reason for vacation. We also spend a lot of time in the non ride areas like the water fountains and just letting her run while we are in the parks instead of always being in line or on an attraction (some that she can't even go on). This has been the best time and the memories are awesome!!

I highly recommend this strategy to everyone.

Lisa

We went to WDW in April. I read all the books, check the DIS every day (sometimes several times), and planned out our itinerary. We hit MK on Monday, had B'fast with Cindy, and then started our tour. We went on 2 rides and DD's (4 &7) were hot and crabby. I tried to talk them into a few more rides but all they wanted to do is go back to BWV and swim. As they were whinning about the heat a little voice said "remember what you've read...." So back to the hotel we went. It was for the best. We went back to MK and a rode a few more rides later in the week. We didn't see as much as I'd hoped. But everyone got to see or do what they had really wanted. DH spent a day at Disney Quest & did the garden tour at EP, DD (7) got her hair wrapped, rode TOT & R&R RC DD (4) got to see PHD & rode WP Ride, I got to see the snoglobe parade and have a hot fudge sundae at Giradelli's in DD.

Next time they will be older and we'll go when it's cooler.

:sunny: :) :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter