Why aren’t there any reservations 180 out for BOG?

arielou

Earning My Ears
I even checked at 6 a.m (central) and there was nothing at exactly 180 out. How can that be? Same for the Royal table.

On property guests can book at 180 days from check in for the entire length of stay up to 10 days, so the hard to get reservations like BOG and CRT are often already full at 180 days by people whose trip started before that. I learned this after the fact! I highly recommend the Touring Plans Reservation finder for setting up alerts of openings. People cancel all the time. I was unable to get a BOG lunch even at 180+2 but exactly a month after my 180 I got an alert for an opening!

I even checked at 6 a.m (central) and there was nothing at exactly 180 out. How can that be? Same for the Royal table.
Also, it’s 6am eastern, so 5am central. That can make a big difference. Even a few minutes can make a difference.

On property guests can book at 180 days from check in for the entire length of stay up to 10 days, so the hard to get reservations like BOG and CRT are often already full at 180 days by people whose trip started before that. I learned this after the fact! I highly recommend the Touring Plans Reservation finder for setting up alerts of openings. People cancel all the time. I was unable to get a BOG lunch even at 180+2 but exactly a month after my 180 I got an alert for an opening!

Thanks so much for great info! We are planning to go back in Feb. I’m not even a newbie, we’ve just always skipped BOG the last few years hoping the hype would die down...but might as well try at this point.

I am not able to book our trip online yet since it’s so far out, would you recommend me calling to book the trip, then that way I’ll have 10 day early access? Can I even do that? I’ll also add that alert list you mentioned. Thanks!!!

Also, it’s 6am eastern, so 5am central. That can make a big difference. Even a few minutes can make a difference.
Ugh. I thought opened at 7 a.m. eastern for some reason. These were just trial runs anyways.

Ugh. I thought opened at 7 a.m. eastern for some reason. These were just trial runs anyways.

I think fastpass+ is 7am, ADRs are 6am online and 7am to call. Not sure why they don't do it all at one set time to make it easier to keep track of.

Thanks so much for great info! We are planning to go back in Feb. I’m not even a newbie, we’ve just always skipped BOG the last few years hoping the hype would die down...but might as well try at this point.

I am not able to book our trip online yet since it’s so far out, would you recommend me calling to book the trip, then that way I’ll have 10 day early access? Can I even do that? I’ll also add that alert list you mentioned. Thanks!!!

You're welcome! I *am* a newbie so I may not be the best to ask haha! We booked a package through a Disney planner/travel agent - booked in Jan for a Nov trip, but we got some prices even in December, so I would think you’d be able to book for Feb now, although that may depend on the resort/hotel. Once you book, there’s really nothing to do until dining opens 180 days prior to check in, so I don’t know if there’s an advantage to booking early regarding ADRs, but you will have a better chance at getting the resort/room of your choice. For example, we decided later that we wanted to extend our trip by a day but the resort was booked so we can't. I think you may have more luck in Feb than what you're seeing for 180 days now - that's the holiday season still I believe and seems like it's super busy. I would recommend looking at some crowd prediction calendars when choosing your dates if you have flexibility. We did NOT do this and inadvertently booked at a time during the Christmas parties, Jersey week, and Food & Wine. It can help you plan which days to go to which parks as well which is super helpful for making dining reservations (again, I didn't do this at the time and wish I had because there's been some major overhauling to our original plan!)

I believe dining opens online at 6am eastern (5am CST), while dining phone lines open at 7am eastern (6am CST). Bibbedi Bobbidi Boutique is call-only and opens at 7am eastern. Fast passes open online at 7am eastern (6am CST) - this is very confusing because it's different from online dining! On that note, I think our Disney planner got confused and booked our ADRs late- she mentioned getting up at 5:45am CST to book our online ADRs - that's too late and could possibly explain why initially we only got 1/2 of the ADRs we planned!! If I had it to do over, I would book my own ADRs. I will definitely be booking my own fast passes. There's too many variables to consider!

The Plus 10 (180 + 10) will only open after you have an onsite resort reservation and are within that window. So your "trial runs" are not valid

The Plus 10 (180 + 10) will only open after you have an onsite resort reservation and are within that window. So your "trial runs" are not valid
Right, but just to practice the process of searching for ADRs and seeing what is actually available at 180 (rather than 180+). I had never been on MDE before or tried searching for an ADR when my planner emailed the morning of our 180 that she could only get about half of what we planned. I had to frantically try to figure out what to do. Wish I had practiced going through the motions beforehand. Ex- I notice that BOG reservations sometimes say "unavailable" if you put in "Breakfast" but if you put in an exact time like "8:00" some pop up. Not sure why. I may have know this if I had played around with the website a bit before 180 days...

We booked our last trip 3 months in advance. After a few weeks of trying to get a BOG lunch reservation my husband got one for a late lunch. We held onto it even though the time wasn't great (I think it was 1:50 pm). However, on the morning of our visit he woke up early and right away got us a reservation for 11:35. I'm sure the day before plenty of people cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!