Why do single rooms not have two beds?

Only slightly related, but I wish some studios had king sized beds instead of the Queen. Too bad they didn't put some king beds in Poly. I think that would have been a nice change and filled a niche.

We visited another Orlando timeshare, and there were real dishes and a dishwasher in the studio! I am not unhappy with DVC, but there are so many versions of studios, it would be hard to come up with one that satisfies all or even most.

I am glad for OKW’s studios that have filled a need every now and then for us. They have worked better for us than the ones that fit 5. The tables on those units leave something to be desired, stability. Just MO, of course.

I don't think that's the case. Studios have more square footage than moderates which hold 2 queen beds. Also, I'm pretty sure that when opened, a full size pullout sofa takes up the same or more space than a queen bed (definitely longer, and at the arms of the couch as wide or wider). Plus you are still needing room for the coffee table and the cushions.... There has to be enough room for a 2nd queen, but they're choosing not to.
My home resort is the Poly but in Dec we will be doing a stay at Boardwalk, and then in April will be doing Boardwalk and Bay Lake split stay, so will be interesting to see the difference.

After OKW, the studios weren't big enough for two queen sized beds. They were big enough for one queen sized bed and one double sleeper sofa. The Polynesian (or was it GFV) the start of the queen bed and queen sleeper sofa.

Like BCV couldn't accommodate 2 queen beds in all the Dedicated 2BR's because some rooms were smaller?

Then they grew in 2016 so they fit.

IMO this was just a design choice for studios since OKW.

There are several different ideas of a perfect studio - might be nice if they did mix up the design resort by resort though to give more options.

My perfect idea of a studio - King sized bed, sleeper sofa, kitchenette with a 3/4 size fridge and dishwasher. And a small washer/dryer. :) With the growth of so many Suite hotels etc. the timeshare studio has lost uniqueness. It's more or less a basic hotel room these days.

Last edited:

I love Disney time shares, it fills rooms and really entices people to come to the resorts more, and with the discounts. Its great. But I think it will still work for me, and I say family, but I mean my extended family. But I think it would be great to have different options like they have at Alauni, you can get one that is a regular hotel room. I think as long as Disney is filling the rooms that is what matters. I would gladly give up a microwave and some dishes for another bed.

Only slightly related, but I wish some studios had king sized beds instead of the Queen. Too bad they didn't put some king beds in Poly. I think that would have been a nice change and filled a niche.
They won't fit in studios.

OK, I know that may not be phrased right, but what I mean is why does only one have two queen beds. I know they all sleep four or five, but why do all the other rooms that are not kings have a queen and then full pull out. Again I do realize that OKW does have two actual queens too. Most of the moderate, deluxe and even PoP have two queens, so why not DVC? Is it since it's supposed to be a home away from home they want it to feel more like a home? I can understand that too, but the only upgrade from another standard room is a toaster, again even PoP has a fridge and a coffee maker. So does anybody think there will be a time when they move to the dual beds instead of the couch?
I think the short answer is because that was their choice. As to why, my guess is they approached it more from a timeshare standpoint than a hotel standpoint and this is c/w the culture where a studio is aimed at 2 people, 1 BR 2-3 adults, and a 2 BR 4 adults. I realize that at Disney people often take the clown car approach because they're often just looking for a place to sleep.

We visited another Orlando timeshare, and there were real dishes and a dishwasher in the studio! I am not unhappy with DVC, but there are so many versions of studios, it would be hard to come up with one that satisfies all or even most.

I am glad for OKW’s studios that have filled a need every now and then for us. They have worked better for us than the ones that fit 5. The tables on those units leave something to be desired, stability. Just MO, of course.
Marriott tends to have a King plus a pullout in a studio with real dishes, silverware and cooking items. IMO this is a major upgrade from DVC studios. We stayed in a Wyndham studio a couple of years ago with a King bed, true mini kitchen and even though the fridge was small, it was high end with an ice maker. We've also stayed in 1 & 2 BR that had no more than the Marriott studio I described. For those looking at staying other timeshare, make sure you truly understand what you're actually getting and not getting by independent investigation. Don't rely on the company website or just RCI.

I think the short answer is because that was their choice. As to why, my guess is they approached it more from a timeshare standpoint than a hotel standpoint and this is c/w the culture where a studio is aimed at 2 people, 1 BR 2-3 adults, and a 2 BR 4 adults. I realize that at Disney people often take the clown car approach because they're often just looking for a place to sleep.

Marriott tends to have a King plus a pullout in a studio with real dishes, silverware and cooking items. IMO this is a major upgrade from DVC studios. We stayed in a Wyndham studio a couple of years ago with a King bed, true mini kitchen and even though the fridge was small, it was high end with an ice maker. We've also stayed in 1 & 2 BR that had no more than the Marriott studio I described. For those looking at staying other timeshare, make sure you truly understand what you're actually getting and not getting by independent investigation. Don't rely on the company website or just RCI.
I totally get that this is a time share, but they get a lot of people here, including families who like to vacation all the time and can't afford 200 plus points for a one bedroom. And my first ever stay at DW was at the Whyndam at Bonnett Creek and it was awesome. Had one bedroom and a full kitchen. But the Vegas one I stayed at was a two bedroom and the kitchen itself was huge.

We stayed in a studio at Parc Soleil (HGVC) in Lake Buena Vista and it had a king bed, but no sofa for sitting. It was just strictly two persons. The kitchenette was very nice,

While I prefer the 2 queen set up, it seems many people in studios are younger couples, with very young children who want the extra floor space the folded up couch provides, as the kids get older, they will often then move into one bedroom units for the conveniences of in room laundry and full kitchen. As I travel with adults, for two unrelated adults, the queen/sofa combo is fine. For 3 adults, if we have to have a studio, then it is OKW. But I still prefer an OKW 1 bedroom, even just for me, when I travel solo.

I totally get that this is a time share, but they get a lot of people here, including families who like to vacation all the time and can't afford 200 plus points for a one bedroom. And my first ever stay at DW was at the Whyndam at Bonnett Creek and it was awesome. Had one bedroom and a full kitchen. But the Vegas one I stayed at was a two bedroom and the kitchen itself was huge.
So you make your choices. Buy more DVC points to afford a larger villa or pay cash for a hotel room onsite or pay cash for something offsite.

Timeshares are more about space and slowing down, not stuffing the rooms. IMO DVC is already overboard catering to volume per room and are all the worse for it. And in a way that hurts the other owners in many ways with increased maint due to wear and tear and increased volume affecting parking, pools, etc. Plus it's a poor financial move IMO for them to do so as well. Their choice what they build and sell but 2 beds in a studio going forward or 2 beds in a 1 BR are unrealistic IMO. I does happen rarely with timeshares, I can reference one that has 2 full beds in a 1 BR for a few of their units but it happens so rarely as to not really happen. It just doesn't fit the usual visit model for most people and it doesn't fit the business model for the developer.

So you make your choices. Buy more DVC points to afford a larger villa or pay cash for a hotel room onsite or pay cash for something offsite.
Wow, ok, thank you for your time and input.

But @Elsaalltheway , @Deb & Bill is right.

A studio wouldn't have worked when our son was younger. He would have been on every trip, and for us, kids take up more room. Now that he doesn't come with us every time, and he is happy with just clothes and food, we can more easily fit into a studio.

And I don't want to larger villa. I am perfectly happy with the room in a studio.

If I want something larger, I can use more points and reserve it. But for right now, one queen and one pull out work for us.

I think DVC should set up more studio rooms with two beds. At least give us the option.

Personally I like the pullout sofa as opposed to two beds in the studio, it's nice to have a place to sit other than the bed!

But @Elsaalltheway , @Deb & Bill is right.

A studio wouldn't have worked when our son was younger. He would have been on every trip, and for us, kids take up more room. Now that he doesn't come with us every time, and he is happy with just clothes and food, we can more easily fit into a studio.

And I don't want to larger villa. I am perfectly happy with the room in a studio.

If I want something larger, I can use more points and reserve it. But for right now, one queen and one pull out work for us.
Oh, and yes, I can see that, but as right now we are actually a different type of family with not a lot of money, but trying to take the vacation that we love, as much as possible. It is just a little cramped for us, but we are going to make it work and have the best time. I just got tired of throwing a lot of money at hotels, when it was more cost effective to invest in Disney since we spend at least one trip there every year or every other year. We also have talked about buying more points a little at a time to give us more room. I decided to start investing in my vacations as much as everybody else on this site, but like everybody else on here. We all have our different ways that we like to vacation. One day I will want to solo so this will be more than enough room, but right now I go with my brother and two other friends and we don't mind the hotel aspect of it as much of our time is spent in a the parks, but again, I don't want to keep tossing thousands on room that I will barely be in when I can invest in future trips. That's all I am saying. I know that a lot of people here enjoy the plans and the floor plans, and I thank everybody for their time.

please leave the couch bed open when you leave if you use it. Once when we checked in the last guest there closed the couch and when we opened it the covers and the sheets were all pulled down and messed up.

Personally I like the pullout sofa as opposed to two beds in the studio, it's nice to have a place to sit other than the bed!
And I think its nice too, the only problem is, one or more people may have to wait for everybody to go to sleep before they can turn in for the night. I think that's why im going to use the fold down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter