• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why does AK close so early in summer?

shatzjsl

<font color=teal>No wonder I love DIS boards so mu
I can understand the park closing the "animal" parts early, but I wonder why it doesn't stay open for the rides at least until dark? Anybody know?

my guess is the animals are on a schedule and they stick to it and it is hard to work out in the "fields" with the animals in the dark. They have very few rides and it would be extremely crowded to stay open late. They do not have any type of fireworks or it might scare the animals.

this is just a guess however. :wave2: hi from Carrollton as well!

Maybe they feel that attendance would not pay for the extended hours. There are no fireworks so maybe they feel guests will end up at the other parks anyway.

Didn't think about the no fireworks factor. Guess that would probably freak the animals out pretty good to go through that every night. Thanks for the answers!

232271: Hope you aren't floating away in your part of town. Our yard is a big swamp with ducks and all (Keller Springs/Marsh area)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter