Why don’t I have any Disney loving friends???

dizzydrop

Mouseketeer
So, that’s a lie, I have one friend who is equally obsessed with Disney as me, and we have been planning a short “Girls Trip” for September. Well after I’ve rented non refundable DVC points for our room and non refundable MNSSHP tickets, she decides she isn’t going with me !
I have no other friends that share in my excitement (including my husband, who goes just to please me and my kids but doesn’t love it). I’m debating a SOLO trip because I really want to go.

I feel your pain too. I actually do have some Disney-loving friends, but it's hard to coordinate schedules with them. Even for me, choosing to go to WDW and Disneyland means I cut other spending in my life... which is harder to do for my friends who are schoolteachers, who recently bought a house, or who are starting to raise young families.

@dizzydrop, after putting off WDW for too long, I decided to just go solo as well, and I loved it so much that I've gone back solo several times. As much as I like to have shared vacation experiences, it was surprising how much I enjoyed the freedom and relaxation. I think everyone should try solo travel at least once, and WDW is an awesome place to do it.

Honestly I would just go solo. There's no point wasting the money you have already spent and you will have a great time. Me and my boyfriend split up the day we were meant to go to Disney and my biggest regret (apart from not kicking him to the kirb sooner) was cancelling the holiday because I didn't want to go solo. I still to this day get annoyed at myself for it.

The best thing for a solo day is getting to do all the little things that you never get to because other people have plans. For me, its things like going to Tom Sawyers Island - no one ever wants to go over and I love wandering around. Or going on the train around MK just for a round trip journey! You can just take your time and enjoy everything

So, that’s a lie, I have one friend who is equally obsessed with Disney as me, and we have been planning a short “Girls Trip” for September. Well after I’ve rented non refundable DVC points for our room and non refundable MNSSHP tickets, she decides she isn’t going with me !
I have no other friends that share in my excitement (including my husband, who goes just to please me and my kids but doesn’t love it). I’m debating a SOLO trip because I really want to go.
I feel for you, I wouldn't be too happy with my friend for backing out, unless it were for a very good reason, like job loss, sickness, etc:scared1:. The "oh, I thought about it and I don't think I want to go" really is unfair and has financial consequences for you.:( Hope that you find someone to go with or your DH can join you and you can both enjoy!:goodvibes::yes::

I went solo this past October and it was so cool. For sure a different perspective. Treating my mom to a trip this May and excited to have someone to share the memories with

Well I hope that "she" is paying for half of those items at least. Sorry she bailed.

Well I hope that "she" is paying for half of those items at least. Sorry she bailed.
Exactly! She would pay for the loss or we wouldn't be friends any longer because that's dirty! I certainly would go alone! My solo trip was the best trip out of the 30 that I ever had! Try selling the party ticket on ebay and at least get some of your money back for it. You won't regret going solo...in fact, you'll get spoiled and probably want to go solo every time. I know I did. I just haven't been able to go alone again because my best friend is now hooked because of me and insists on going with me every time. I'd literally have to sneak down there and not tell her or she'd be all mad lol.

I can totally relate. My friends either just don't love it as much as I do or they can't afford to go as often as I like to. I have gone solo and enjoyed it, though sometimes I do wish I has someone to hang out with. I am eternally single I'm afraid and have never had a true partner to do things with. I wouldn't hesitate to go alone, but it is getting more expensive to do so.

I can totally relate. My friends either just don't love it as much as I do or they can't afford to go as often as I like to. I have gone solo and enjoyed it, though sometimes I do wish I has someone to hang out with. I am eternally single I'm afraid and have never had a true partner to do things with. I wouldn't hesitate to go alone, but it is getting more expensive to do so.
I feel your pain too. I actually do have some Disney-loving friends, but it's hard to coordinate schedules with them. Even for me, choosing to go to WDW and Disneyland means I cut other spending in my life... which is harder to do for my friends who are schoolteachers, who recently bought a house, or who are starting to raise young families.

@dizzydrop, after putting off WDW for too long, I decided to just go solo as well, and I loved it so much that I've gone back solo several times. As much as I like to have shared vacation experiences, it was surprising how much I enjoyed the freedom and relaxation. I think everyone should try solo travel at least once, and WDW is an awesome place to do it.
I am having the same problem, love Disney, can't find anyone to go.
I have the same problem. Looks like my trips will be solo for a while.
I am having the same problem, hard to find someone that wants to go. Looks like it will be solo trips for a while. It is 830 miles there and it makes it difficult going solo.

I feel bad for you. I only have one other person interested in Disney and that's my sister. She can't afford to go and can't take off work too much because of her schedule, so I don't get to go very often. I can afford to pay for myself, but in the past I've helped front vacations and then been reimbursed. I can't do that any longer because I'm only working part-time (I'm semi-retired). But, I still love dreaming about WDW vacations.

It takes a very special person to truly LOVE the Disney experience. I am 65 and so is my wife. We do Disney every year and our family and friends think we are nuts. The moment we board the ME back to MCO we are already planning our next annual trip. We have found some who are [blessed] like my wife and I, true Disney lovers, but they are few and far between. I think with the cynical world we live in where it seem everyone is offended by something or we take much to much time staring at our communication devices to truly enjoy the Magic. I really do feel sorry for those non-believers. After a week at Disney, my wife and I feel so good - mentally, it is hard to explain. It is like we are at peace with the world because the "World" gave us so much happiness in that one week. We are out there, I just don't think there are that many true believers. 251 days and we are back.

It takes a very special person to truly LOVE the Disney experience. I am 65 and so is my wife. We do Disney every year and our family and friends think we are nuts. The moment we board the ME back to MCO we are already planning our next annual trip. We have found some who are [blessed] like my wife and I, true Disney lovers, but they are few and far between. I think with the cynical world we live in where it seem everyone is offended by something or we take much to much time staring at our communication devices to truly enjoy the Magic. I really do feel sorry for those non-believers. After a week at Disney, my wife and I feel so good - mentally, it is hard to explain. It is like we are at peace with the world because the "World" gave us so much happiness in that one week. We are out there, I just don't think there are that many true believers. 251 days and we are back.
That is kind of how I feel... My children think I'm nuts. I took my oldest grandson when he was 11 (he's 16 now) to WDW by myself. It was just a few months after my husband had passed away and we both needed the trip. Last summer, I took his sister, who was 6, to DL. We had a good time, but she was at that age where the "thrill" of the place caused her to not pay attention as closely as she should have and she very nearly got lost. Thankfully, she'd had her BBB experience that morning and I saw her curls bouncing away. It was scary for both of us. I'm going with my sister in January to do the 5k on her 55th birthday. My daughter and her husband have agreed to a 2021 trip (their three children will be 18, 10, and 7 at the time) and I'm going with them as well. My dream right now is to figure out a way to do a Disney cruise without having to pay for double-occupancy. I have no one who can or who is interested in going.

I could not agree more! Disney is absolutely my happy place and such an escape from the stresses of everyday life. Thanks for posting :)

Sometimes you have to sell them on the idea. After my first trip to WDW in 1983 we had dinner with some friends. He never said anything but she was happy we had a good time but felt she was to old to go to a place for kids. I, softly, told her that she had it all wrong and if she just went with a open mind she would feel it like I did. Fortunately, her daughter and my daughter were best friends and my daughter managed to convince her BFF that it was important to go. They eventually gave into the kids pressure and went. She got back and raved about the place. Sadly, she just had a stroke and died last Sunday, but I know they went at least 10 times to WDW and took two Disney Cruises with their grandkids. A couple of those WDW trips were with another couple that they were close too, and as an adult had as wonderful a time as they did with the kids. Just plant the seed, eventually something will bloom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter